Registry help; bouncer swing or plain old vibrating chair?

AnnieJ10

Reaction score
I'm starting to create my registry and I went to babies r us to just look around and my god was it overwhelming. Right now my current dilemma is: does the baby need a vibrating chair and a swing? Or a bouncer? Bouncer vs chair? I really don't know what to do, everyone seems to have a diff opinion on this. Also are the cheaper ones just as good as the super expensive ones? Any insight is welcome! Thanks ladies.

We got all this stuff used. People gave it to us which was great. But my son preferred the swing above everything else and I would put him in the vibrating chair when I needed to move about the house.

I would get the swing with the removable bouncer.

We only bought one which was the swing, so handy! DD loved it and it's still in great
condition so this LO will be using it too

I think it really depends on the baby. My daughter HATED the swing. She would instantly cry whenever I put her in it. On the other hand she looooved the vibrating chair even when it wasn't vibrating lol

We got a swing, plus a cheapish vibrating bouncer seat. The swing is a wonderful place to put baby when doing things like getting dinner ready, prepping meals for other kids, etc. But they aren't very portable. So we just keep ours in the main living room where we spend most of our time.
The bouncer seat is nice because it can be picked up and moved anywhere you need it to be. I used it all the time when showering, eating, etc.
I've heard there's a hybrid of both... Which might be worth investing in if you're planning on having more children. Otherwise I'd just get cheaper used of each.

We've gone for a vibrating chair mostly due to space! It takes up less space and I can easily move it from room to room! My nephew hated his swing, screamed the minute you put him in and almost hyperventilated when it started swinging! Each baby is different, I know plenty who have loved them! Whatever you decide, I think just make sure it gets good reviews for how it supports baby and their position in the chair/swing! I've read some reviews with people complaining at how hunched baby was in it or how their heads were poorly supported etc!

You don't need the expensive things. I had a swing and a cheapy bouncy chair. The swing saved my sanity when dd had colic, and the bouncy seat was probably the best purchase bc it could be moved room to room so easily. It was used a lot. Seriously though, baby is not going to be happier in a $200 bouncy thing than they will be in a $34 bouncy thing, imo. Good luck. I remember how overwhelming it was at first.

My first son loved the swing, we had a hand me down fisher price lamb swing and he used it for a super long time... ds2 loved the vibrating chair, but we also got enough use out if the swing..we had an ingenuity brand swing for him. I'd definitely recommend looking into a used baby item store, they have great things and the prices are awesome, we almost never buy new (except car seats of course) and you never know if baby is going to like what you buy so it's not nearly as painful if you don't use it much.

A girl in my FB pregnancy group had a similar question and the lady at the store gave her great advice. She said when you stand still, do you typically rock or bounce? Apparently the baby will typically prefer whichever it is that you do and as a second time mom, she said that made sense because she rocked and her baby hated the bouncer but loved the swing! For me, I'll probably get something that bounces/vibrates and a I'm getting swing handed down to rock because I do both (ADHD Momma here! lol)

i love the vibrating chair because it's small and can be moved around room to room when needed! that being said we also got a swing for our second because she was fussier and wouldn't nap!

I found a swing sooo useful. My baby had reflux and it seemed to soothe him instantly. He had all his naps in it for a while. I would definitely recommend a swing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->