Registry Wedding

BlueWater

Reaction score
Hi :flower:
My OH and I don't want a religious wedding - for personal reasons.
So we were thinking of having the ceremony at the registry, and then reception at a hotel.

So I just wanted to know your experiences of a registry wedding.
I mean I have no experience of a registry wedding, so would like to know if anyone has had a registry wedding or has been to one.

Like, how does the bride dress? Do you have a lot of guests? Who marry's you? Do you repeat out vows?

I'm a shy kinda person, so I don't particularly want a 'big show for a wedding'

Thanx guys!!!

Hi new member! :xmas3:

Im having a registry wedding too, so am also curious! I will be having a max of 50 guests, the ceremony is 20 mins apparently and allowed own music and non-religious readings. I will be wearing nothing too fancy, well not a massive white dress anyway, hoping OH follows a Victorian gentleman style dress sense with top hat and cane :flower:

Hello, we are having a registry office wedding. It's personal preference what you wear - i'm wearing a wedding dress/veil.
We are allowed up to 70 people, we have vows that we can chose out (nothing religious though)
x

I'm having a civil service but not in a registry office. Ours is an ugly 70's building and I want nice photos. I'm getting married in an Victorian manor house that the council now run as a museum.

Some hotels are licensed to hold marriage ceremony's too.

Thanx for your replies!! Its nice to hear others' thoughts of a registry wedding with others. As all my family and cousins etc have had a traditional religious wedding.

We had our wedding in the hotel we had our reception in. It was fantastic and really recommend it. We had readings and said vows and changed rings. Very romantic and very personal. I assume it would be the same in a registry office. It is the same people who came to our hotel to marry us.

Like everyone else said you can marry in a registry office or somewhere licensed for weddings (though the registrar charges more to come out to you, in my area its a lot more). You can wear whatever you like (big fat wedding dress, jeans and t shirt). Ceremony is no way religious and you can't have religious music xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->