Reindeer food, santa keys etc for xmas eve hampers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
I'm looking for a magic santa key and some reindeer food etc for DS's xmas eve box - lots of options on ebay and I'm getting bamboozled with the choices! Looking for something that will last and can be reused, and look magical enough to have come from an elf :haha:

Which ones have you bought? Would really appreciate some inspiration about other things to include too!

I was planning to buy it this time so I could get the nice bag ready to reuse next year, but I've seen some people use little jars too which look really cute! If I could find somewhere that sold the jars individually that would be good. I'd love a little red velvet bag with gold tassels but I can't find one anywhere.

I got our wee santa key from the card factory £1 and poundland had reindeer food in a wee packet was just going to get that also just ordered ds his letter from Santa got that from the nspcc £5 you can donate less if you wish but I was more than happy to do the suggested donation of £5 :) xx

Reindeer food is easy enough to make! Just put some porridge oats and some glitter in a little bag, tie it up with nice string, then make or print off a label (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...=O0pmVNr9A-2HsQTz64G4DA&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ) :)

I've read that if you are going to use the reindeer food outside to use coloured sugar and not glitter because the birds will eat the oats and the glitter is very bad/deadly for the birds.

I heard that, too, and it makes sense. You can get edible glitter, I would have thought that would be ok, too.

I bought a santas magic key from asda yesterday think it was like £2 and its a good size and wooden with a snowman on top :)

I got a magic key from card factory last year for £1.99! Its a proper door key in a felt envelope. Ive bought reindeer food from someone from work who is making and selling for charity for £1 😆

Magic key in Home Bargains

And probably some sort of container in Home Bargains for reindeer food too, definitely easy to make.

We bought some last year that had glitter in didnt realise it was bad, it was all blown away in the morning.

Card factory have lovely santa keys and reindeer food, it comes in little glass jar with cork stopper

Were using oats and ice cream sprinkles to make ours in a little baby food jar with Christmas paper mod podged on :) looks much nicer than it sounds!

I still need to get a Santa key and we'll also have a Christmas DVD, popcorn, kinder egg, night before Christmas book, new PJs colouring book and crayons. Should come in handy as we're at the in laws for dinner!

I got our magic key from B&M its lovely.
This year thanks to the PNP video we made that mentioned the reindeer eating lichen, we curiously googled what reindeer actually eat and so this year we're going foraging in the local park for some tasty grass and leaves to leave out for Rudolph along with his carrot. Should make for a fun Christmas Eve activity (and eliminate the oaty mess I'm usually left with - bonus! :thumbup:) :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"