Reintroducing dairy to baby

happynewmom1

Reaction score
I don't really want to reintroduce it to her directly yet. But I would like to start adding it back to mine. I'm just not sure when I should. She is ebf and isn't allergic but was sensitive to it as a newborn.. I went off of dairy and she was like a new baby. I don't want to mess up her digestive system.. Would it hurt to try adding some back into my diet or should I really just wait until I wean her? I'm not going to lie.. I'm a little bummed about all the holiday foods I'll miss out on but I want what is best for baby :) thanks for any help anyone can give on this!

We are reintroducing dairy for our baby. We have been advised to introduce cooked milk first (so cakes etc) then other milk containing products, gradually building up to cheese and then eventually normal milk. Shed currently okay with 50/50 formula and cows milk, plus cooked milk and cheese.

It's worth a try my son had a cows milk allergy but I didn't breast fed so don't have any idea about that .
He could tolerate cows milk in food from one but couldn't drink it until two x

Thank you both!

Loey, when did you start Reintroducing it to your dd? Do either of you know how long after I have dairy it would be in my milk to look for a reaction from her? She still nurses a lot so curious when she would start to get some.

Look up milk ladder on google and try that. If your little one reacts to the first step most dieticians recommend not trying again for 6 months. I've been reintroducing milk to my daughter since she was around 14-15months (she's 2 in 2 weeks) she can tolerate most things but only in small doses. If I overload her then she reacts. They say you should see a relation with in 72 hours if there is going to be one. Although the first time I tried the milk ladder it took 5 days for my daughter to react.

Look up milk ladder on google and try that. If your little one reacts to the first step most dieticians recommend not trying again for 6 months. I've been reintroducing milk to my daughter since she was around 14-15months (she's 2 in 2 weeks) she can tolerate most things but only in small doses. If I overload her then she reacts. They say you should see a relation with in 72 hours if there is going to be one. Although the first time I tried the milk ladder it took 5 days for my daughter to react.

The milk ladder had been very helpful Thank you! So I've had just a very small amount of dairy the last two days. This morning she had mucusy poop. Is this a sign she is not ready for this yet? She is otherwise really happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->