Rent/Mortgage

x0emz0x

Reaction score
I don't mean to come across as rude or asking too much information of you girlies, but I'm just wondering, how many of you were renting or had a mortgage before you TTC?

I'm 19 now, and would love to get a mortgage by the time I'm 23 - just hope I cansave up enough money for a deposit, as houses can be so expensive nowadays xx

We're renting right now and wtt.
My husband will enherit (sp?) 2 houses when his parents pass away, so we don't want to buy a house.
Plus we live in an awesome appartment right now , with a big yard on the canal and a 2 minute walk to the beach..and our rent is $595..so that's cheap!
Whenever we have a baby we will still be living here, although it's kind of tiny, it'll be fine.

DH and I bought our house last year (and now have a quite sizable mortgage). I personally always wanted my own home before we ttc, mainly because it means we can change things and make this 100% our home for our kids. And also because I really wanted them to have a garden, which I wouldn't want to put time and money in if we were renting. Deposits are important of course, but maybe your parents can help you out with that initially? Also, while you're young you could let a room to a friend and get some more funds for the mortgage that way?

i rent and we have a son and are wtt for another :)

we couldn't get a morgage and it took me a while to get used to the idea of having to rent a place with children but now i love it!

we rent a 2 bedroom 3 floor house with a big garden shed etc 20mins from the city 5mins from OH work. when we have saved up enough and are ready we can get the place we really want so i'm happy in the meantime!!

xx

i have a mortgage - i got one at 22

xx

Snap! :D I love the fact we own our own home and can do what we like with it, it was really stressful buying, but totally worth it.

I got my first mortgage at 18, daughter #1 was born in 2001 we moved and had daughter #2 in 2006, since then I've been divorced and had to go it alone renting by myself (not easy I must say and no where has ever felt like home) got with my new partner Jan 2009 moved into rented with him Aug 2009 then in June/July we shall be moving into a house together with a mortgage and will finally be settled.
Renting vs Owning is different, each coming with their own stresses and joys.
The housing market is so expensive renting is a good way to find out about different places and moving is much easier when there isnt mortgages and surveys to sort out.
Having said that there is nothing like having your own place and not worrying about what colour paint you chose or if you want to do a bit of landscape gardening.

Whatever decisions are made its emotions and thoughts that provide a home, and that train of thought has really helped me through some testing times.

We're renting right now and wtt.
My husband will enherit (sp?) 2 houses when his parents pass away, so we don't want to buy a house.
Plus we live in an awesome appartment right now , with a big yard on the canal and a 2 minute walk to the beach..and our rent is $595..so that's cheap!
Whenever we have a baby we will still be living here, although it's kind of tiny, it'll be fine.

Holy cow, that's awesome! What part of Florida are you in? DH's family is in Florida and we were there in Dec. and it was my first time going to Florida in 8 years, it was SO pretty.

We own a house but honestly I kinda wish right now that we'd just rented and I think we'll probably rent our next house. Mind you, my point of view is because he's in the Army and now that there's a possibility of him getting orders to PCS this fall or in the year after that, I'm dreading the thought of trying to sell the house just because it seems like such a HUGE hassle, and then what happens if the house doesn't sell before PCS time and we have to pay our mortgage and rent... I'm borrowing trouble though. Anyhow, that's just my opinion and probably helps you pretty much zilch. :)

I have a small mortgage, brought our house two years ago so I was 22 :)

We're WTT at the moment but planning to buy within the next year or so (I'm 22 and OH is 23). My dad owns the house we live in currently because when we moved in we couldn't have got a mortgage ourselves, so we pay him rent to cover the mortgage.

We've always rented and will be renting for the foreseeable future. It was either that or delay having children longer and as we're both 30 next year we felt it was time for children and houses can come a little later.

Deposits are astronomical these days. It will take us a good 5 years at least to get this amount.

It took a while to get used to the idea, but now the decision has been made it's fine with us. We shall have something to look forward to in our 30's (other than our children, of course)!

I always thought I'd own my own house before having children, but OH and I are going to be TTC very soon and we're only renting. With the deposits needed these days (in the UK at least), unless we win the lottery or something like that, there's no chance of buying for a long time yet and we didn't want to wait any longer.

I figured that as long as you have a long-term let and dont have any fear that the landlord might suddenly decide they want you out, its not so bad. The up side I guess is that if anything in the property goes wrong, its down to them to fix it!! :laugh2:

We have a secure tenancy with the council in a nice area. Our rent is £250 a month and can decorate the flat as we wish. As its council we have no fear of eviction and get all our repairs done.
We are going to apply for a house when I have baby#2 cooking. The cheap rent means we can save for a deposit, or if right to buy still exists we will also have that option.

Rent is stupid expensive where we live in san diego, $1600 a month:wacko:
Hopefully have enough for a deposit by end of the year to buy tho!

We were renting when we had our son. I wish we would have bought sooner because moving with a baby/toddler SUCKS! We didn't know what area we wanted to buy a house though. It took us a good year to buy a house in an area we liked.

we're in the process of getting our first mortgage
we close next friday

i wanted to know how much things (mortgage, bills etc) would cost before we ttc.
i didn't want any shock each month

we've rented for so long (been married over 7 years) cause in my area...
buying is $$$$$$$$$$

We have a mortgage, we were both 19 at the time (last year). I love having my own house and doing what we want to it! :)

We have a mortgage, I was 21. Been here 3 years. I like that the house is ours and we wont have to move unless we want to.

I don't think owning a house is that important to me before I have my first child. I would prefer to have a ridiculous amount of savings! Then when I have decided I want to settle in a certain place with my children I will... I don't think my OH would like to tie himself to living in a particular place too soon either, although obviously we would be relatively settled when we have our first child.

We are renting right now and have been since Apr. 2008. We would love to get a mortgage and buy a home, but do not make enough monthly to qualify. Our rent right now for a 2 bedroom apartment is 650.00 inclusive. All we have to pay is cable, internet and phone for services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->