Rent/Mortgage

We have a mortgage...we decided we wanted to get on the property ladder and did so when the market was so low...July 09...got a fantastic deal too!
Go for it hunni...i am so glad me and OH have.
x

im 20 almost 21, definitely hope to have a mortgage by the time we're ttc next june xxxx

We rent a 1 bed at the moment but are waiting for our new house to be built which we are in the process of buying... just waiting to exchange contracts. I am 22. x

DH and I just bought our first home in November. Owning our own home was something that we wanted before we start TTC. We're both 22.

I bought my house last year at 23. You can totally do it in that time frame!

We are renting, I'm 24, but we aren't sure where we want to settle yet so we don't want to buy at this time. We pay $1600 a month for our rent. We just moved to this place almost 2mo ago now. We would like to eventually move back to colorado so we are waiting to buy for awhile

DH and I bought and mortgaged our first house just under a year ago, when we were both 22. It was something we definately wanted to do before TTC, because we could do whatever we wanted to renovation wise. Over the past year we have significantly remodeled the inside of the house, updating things as well as changing the layout, which was really involved, because we ripped out so many walls and put new ones up, etc. This summer we are renovating the outside!

We wanted to have everything finished by the time we are planning on TTC so we don't have to worry about rushing to get things done with a baby on the way! I couldn't be more pleased with buying our own home and being able to do anything we want with it. It feels really good to know that our place is ours, and no one is there to lay down a bunch of rules and tell us what we can and can't do.

We played the renting game for a few years, and while it works for a lot of people, we were pretty unhappy. It feels good to know that the money that we are paying into our mortgage is getting us little steps closer to totally owning our home each month, whereas renting you don't get anything out of it in the end.

If you can afford it, I would personally go for a mortgage. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way though, and some people actually prefer renting because you don't have to worry as much about upkeep and property taxes, etc! There are definately pros and cons to each housing situation to think about :coffee:

I got a mortgage last year at 21 :)

We were renting when we had our son. I wish we would have bought sooner because moving with a baby/toddler SUCKS! We didn't know what area we wanted to buy a house though. It took us a good year to buy a house in an area we liked.

agree! decorating an entire house with a 5mo old was horrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->