Repeat Gestational Diabetes test at 38 weeks?

Virginia

Mommy & WTT #2!
Reaction score
So...I had my gestational diabetes test back whenever they do that test and it came back normal, which was great. Well, my fundal height has been huge, and so I've had a couple late ultrasounds. My last one was at 37+4, and my baby was estimated at 8lbs 6oz give or take 15oz... This is over the 90 percentile for her age. They also bumped up my EDD to Feb 12...but anyways, they want me to redo the gestational diabetes test tomorrow (or more likely Friday since there is a blizzard warning for tonight/tomorrow and I probably won't go to my dr apt.)...I was wondering if anyone had a gestational diabetes test this late in pregnancy, and if it comes back positive is there really a difference in how I'll complete the last couple weeks of my pregnancy? Will it affect my labour and delivery at all? It just seems slightly pointless this late in pregnancy...she's already huge so it's not like we are preventing a big baby...I'm sure her being big is just hereditary - my husband was 9lbs 11oz when he was born. What do you all think?

Not sure what to say hun. i had mine at about 31 weeks as measuring big. but perhaps you were close to GD? or not too far off and they just want to double check its not all of a sudden come on?

Not sure though, hope everythings okay! like you say probably genes as your hubby was big x

Not sure what to say hun. i had mine at about 31 weeks as measuring big. but perhaps you were close to GD? or not too far off and they just want to double check its not all of a sudden come on?

Not sure though, hope everythings okay! like you say probably genes as your hubby was big x

Mine wasn't really measuring big until about 35 weeks...she seemed to grow a ton all of a sudden. They canceled my appointment today because of the blizzard, so I guess I might have the test Friday...or possibly next Tuesday...who knows - bubs might decide to come before they get a chance to test me again. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->