Resources help x

pinkandfluffy

Pregnant with Number 2!
Reaction score
I am likely to be birthing in hospital (though hopefully labouring for as long as I can at home) and a water birth is unlikely as the pool is broke and doesn't seem to be progressing towards fixed!

My husband is not happy with the idea of having a doula.

The hospital info was inadequate on how to deal with labour. My midwife in labour offered me no support / advice / barely spoke to me...Where did you get info about ways to handle it / positioning / anything?

My first birth was not positive for me, lengthy time in hospital pre-birth and I had an epidural and really would like to prepare as best I can this time. My husband seems to be viewing it as 3 hours (!) to be endured and that's that.

Obviously I need to deal with that side of things well in advance of the birth if we are to be on the same page but for now I'm looking for a starting point to read up on things I can do... Thanks for reading my rambles x

My hubby didn't want me to get a doula either...but I was able to convince him.

I think you should check into the hypnobabies program. I am borrowing it from a friend, and it is providing very helpful techniques for dealing with labor. It teaches (trains) you how to relax. (If you are completely relaxed, you can't feel pain - only pressure.) (Ask me in a couple of weeks if the program actually worked for me - by then I should have this baby!) :)

Best positions for labor are standing up, squatting, or hands and knees. Most women say that they just go with their instincts and do whatever feels most comfortable at the time. I am planning a water birth because that will make squatting so much easier.

Walking and being active during the early stages of labor can be very beneficial, too. Also, be sure to EAT!!!! because giving birth is like running a marathon and you will need your energy.

There are so many good books out there.
Good luck with everything!!! :)

Thank you heaps - wishing you a lovely birth :)))

Can't see hubby budging he thinks I'm saying I don't want him there and for an intelligent man is being very stupid about it lol....! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->