Restless baby at night

gemxgem

Reaction score
My LO this past few nights has been waking after about 3 or 4 hours but I don't take him out his cot and after about 15 mins (on occasion a lot longer) he goes back to sleep. He's not upset, he's just restless, sometimes talking sometimes trying to roll. Twice he did the same last night but I didn't get out of bed and he just sucked his thumb and went back to sleep on his own.

And at 4am he was trying to roll but still had his eyes closed lol, then he started whimpering a little so I brought him on the bed with me and he went to sleep until 6am then fed then slept from 7am till 8.30 then fed again.

Just wondering why he might be so restless?

Mines the same, no idea why, but bloomin noisy :)

Haha hopefully someone can offer some advice maybe why it's happening!

He's not upset, he's just restless, sometimes talking sometimes trying to roll. ...

And at 4am he was trying to roll but still had his eyes closed lol,

You've answered your own question without knowing it :winkwink: It's BECAUSE he's trying to roll. He's practising this amazing new skill, and he can't help but wake up to have a quick go, before going back to sleep. You'll find this with lots of the milestones throughout babyhood - pulling up, sitting, rolling, standing up, crawling etc. It's kind of cute, but it's frustrating for us parents in the middle of the night when we wish they'd just go back to sleep :wacko:

My baby does this too. She is SOOOO fidgety at night that I thought something was wrong with her!

She did this when she was trying to roll, and even when she learned she could play with her feet!

She would wake up out of a dead sleep, trying to play with her feet. Not as cute at 3am as it is during the day!

She is still fidgety, and sometimes we have to swaddle if she's having a rough night, but we're (slowly) getting to the point of not needing a swaddle.

Uhg. I just want some sleep.

Thanks! I usually do answer my own questions lol :haha:

He slept from 9-5.30 last night with no fidgets! We get the odd night off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->