restless leg syndrome

smithface24

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
I've tried soaking in bubble bath,cut out caffeine altogether,even getting partner to massage legs/feet at night.

But I'm still immensely fidgety n twitchy. Has anyone got any tips/advice I can try? Xx

It's horrible! I have it too! I read up on it and heat pads are recommended to try on legs for it? X

Apparently bananas in your diet help but I get it all the time and bananas haven't helped me!!!
Hot water bottle on my legs helped slightly but nothing amazing! It's horrendous!

I have it too and had it with my first pregnancy i still suffer with it when not pregnant too since my first pregnancy my mum and grandmother both got it in pregnancy and suffer with it still. Nothing helps mine sorry but ur not alone :-(

Only thing that worked for me was getting up and walking for a bit - funnily enough I ended up stood in front of the fridge, eating...
They say also to stay a little active before bed, not to get into bed until you are ready to sleep.

I get it every once in a while - but when I do, I use a small hand massager and rub it on my legs - I normally fall asleep with it on and wake up a few hours later and have to find it in the bed and turn it off haha

I have to get up out of bed and have a good stretch of my legs...as if I was going for a run. X

Ugh. It's awful. I lay there, shaking my legs about. lol. It usually works... With my first baby, I wore diabetic socks to help the circulation. Potassium supplements might work, too.

someone told me to try drinking V8. That it is from some type of vitamin defincy. That seemed to work for me mostly. I do still get it sometimes.

I started to get it really badly, and when I was reading, restless leg syndrome can come from not getting enough iron, and that taking extra iron supplements or getting extra in your diet can really help, as well as working out your legs (walking, leg workouts, etc) to better the blood flow, and so far after trying all of that DEFINETLY worked.

I get his too :( only part of pregnancy I absolutely HATE...it's unbearable sometimes.

Like other ladies, I find walking around helps, also MW suggested tonic water, I've tried it and it makes a slight difference

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->