Restless legs and cramps

Torres

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

This is my third pregnancy but I never experienced this in my past two pregnancies.
I have horrible restless leg syndrome and get very painful calf cramps at night. My legs are also retaining a lot of fluid by the end of the day.
Any suggestions on what could help? I got compression stockings for the fluid, and I make sure I stretch out my legs and calves before I go to bed. It seems to help a bit but not as much as I would like!

Thanks!

I suffer from restless legs too but not the cramps. I find rubbing a peppermint based gel on my legs helps stop them annoying me. I brought it from the body shop years ago but I'm sure they will still do it

I get those leg cramps a lot, even before pregnancy. What I found helps is when I feel one coming on is flex my foot upward a little. I have no idea why it works or if it will work for anyone else, but I haven't had a full blown charlie-horse since I started doing that.

I was getting awful cramps and my midwife suggested a magnesium supplement. The cramps have totally stopped! I'm sure it's not the case for everyone, but for me, it seems that I was just magnesium deficient. Worth a try.

Make sure you're drinking enough water, I think some stretching helps, my friend suggested epsom salt baths before bed for RLS, and for the cramping definitely flex your foot upwards...I only had one bad one this pregnancy and I was in excruciating pain, crying and screaming by myself in a hotel room for about 5 minutes- it was insanely painful and I can only imagine I must have been dehydrated. Hope they go away for you!

For the cramps, like pps have said, flex toes up towards you. Also, magnesium as someone has mentioned as well. I was getting horrible cramps multiple times per night and started drinking magnesium twice a day and they have completely stopped. I'm using natural vitality magnesium that you mix with water and drink. Its not horrible, but really sour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->