Restless legs wake me up!

2Pups4Kids

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this, but over the past couple of weeks, I've been waking up somewhere around 2 hours before I intend to with aching legs! I try to move around, put a pillow between my knees... everything, but nothing works. This has been going on every single night without fail. Have any of you dealt with this and what's your best remedy?

I've had this worst when I'm sleeping on a hard bed. Unfortunately, since this started for me (since I was 6/7weeks along) I've gotten the most sleep when I sleep on the (very soft) couch. The bed leaves me waking up to turn or stretch too much!

It drives me crazy and the only thing that seems to help is if I go for a long walk after dinner. That's usually the last thing I feel like doing and I'm always sure I'm so tired I'll go right to sleep but end up tossing and turning if I don't walk.

Try eating some crisps before bed - restless kegs can be caused by low potassium. A banana might also help but may be a bit heavier on the stomach.

Thanks ladies! I went and splurged on a mattress pad today, set it up and had a nap... it was the most restful sleep I've had in days! Putting it to the test tonight to see if I wake up again... I'll try out your suggestions too to increase my chances for an awesome sleep tonight :)

Bananas seem to work here! I tend to peel and freeze then eat like Ice cream as pudding! :)

Thanks for the banana tip! I've been waking early and not being able to get back to sleep. Any slight noise wakes me up now. Had a good cry about it this morning as it's really affecting me now and I can't concentrate at work. Will go out and get some bananas today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->