Restless legs?

newlywed2013

Reaction score
I get Restless legs so bad during some nursing sessions, especially at night. To the point where I am so uncomfortable that I want to stop nursing and give her a bottle. Any advice?

Do you have a rocking chair you can nurse in? That way you can push with your legs.

I get this during growth spurts really badly, and for me it's only at night. It is MADDENING isn't it?! I got it in my arms and hands as well as my legs and sometimes I just had to put baby down mid-feed for a break so I could shake my restless limbs around while he cried!! It's the most horrid sensation. I thought maybe it was a sign that I wasn't getting quite enough of something (magnesium? Potassium?). I tried to take vitamins daily and bathe every night to relax my body properly. I'm not sure if it helped... Hard to say, because it wasn't all the time, and as he is getting older, it seems to be getting less and less frequent anyway I'm sorry I don't have any good suggestions. I know it can be unbearable!

Drink something with quinine in it, ie tonic water or bitter lemon, not sure how it works but people swear by it. Hope it helps :)

It is happening to me. I'm on day two of breastfeeding, and still stuck in the hospital in their very uncomfortable chairs! I thought it had a lot to do with that and how tired I am. Hopefully that's all it is! If not here's hoping to finding a solution, for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->