Results of blood sugar test, anyone know how to read these results?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
I did a home monitor test, 2 hours after lunch I began feeling hungry and light headed so did a test it was 7.6 mmol and then I did another one after I had a small meal and it measured 6.4 mmol. Does this seem normal?

I have always had trouble controlling my blood sugar levels so thought I would monitor this but I am very confused as to what I should be looking out for.

I did a home monitor test, 2 hours after lunch I began feeling hungry and light headed so did a test it was 7.6 mmol and then I did another one after I had a small meal and it measured 6.4 mmol. Does this seem normal?

I have always had trouble controlling my blood sugar levels so thought I would monitor this but I am very confused as to what I should be looking out for.

hiya my nan and cousions are type 1 diabetic so i know what a normal reading is,it should be around 5.5 for a perfect reading but not unusual for it to be slightly up after a meal, my friend also just been dianosed with type to diabetes and her blood sugar level was 16. something and only just gone down to 11 try taking it before food :) if u r more concerned ask your doctor xx

Thanks, I thought 7.6 was a bit high considering I was hungry and it was before lunch. I will see what it is in the morning before breakfast. Weird I was having low blood sugar symptoms, dizziness etc but it was 7.6...:wacko: I will monitor it for a few more days and go to doc, but I do feel a bit reluctant as last time I mentioned it I was told to go eat a chocolate bar, although that sends my blood sugar into a major crash!

Thanks, I thought 7.6 was a bit high considering I was hungry and it was before lunch. I will see what it is in the morning before breakfast. Weird I was having low blood sugar symptoms, dizziness etc but it was 7.6...:wacko: I will monitor it for a few more days and go to doc, but I do feel a bit reluctant as last time I mentioned it I was told to go eat a chocolate bar, although that sends my blood sugar into a major crash!

yep that is slighly high esp just before u eat i would of thought it would be slightly under :wacko: but its not major high, like u sed u will keep an eye on it, hope u feel ok soon xx

Actually, I did eat a bag of sweets before bed last night, could my blood sugar be high the day after still? Im on a low glycemic and no sugar diet now anyway as I feel like death otherwise.

Actually, I did eat a bag of sweets before bed last night, could my blood sugar be high the day after still? Im on a low glycemic and no sugar diet now anyway as I feel like death otherwise.

it depends because when you are pregnant and they do a GGT (glucose tolerance test) they say fast for 12 hours did u leave it that long?? if so then i wouldnt imagine it being high from them xx

it depends because when you are pregnant and they do a GGT (glucose tolerance test) they say fast for 12 hours did u leave it that long?? if so then i wouldnt imagine it being high from them xx

Not at all no, I had a big breakfast of sausage and egg 3 hours earlier. Will see what happens with tomorrows results. Weird also how it dropped after I ate something and felt fine again!

Thanks for your replies, I know I need to go to a doc, but I want some results for a few days to go with first.

Not at all no, I had a big breakfast of sausage and egg 3 hours earlier. Will see what happens with tomorrows results. Weird also how it dropped after I ate something and felt fine again!

Thanks for your replies, I know I need to go to a doc, but I want some results for a few days to go with first.

no probs hun hope u get it sorted xx

Thank you! I tried to take a reading this morning, I went through 10 needles but couldn't get enough blood out (I have this trouble at blood tests also) so my hands like a pin cushion really messed up and sore yowch!:wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->