Retroverted Uterus?

Yes, in retro the body of the uterus is tilted back so the cervix points up (when you tilt a plank downwards the top goes up) and vice versa for the anteverted uterus, does that make sense?

And thanks!!! :hugs:

:dohh: Yes I getcha; I see you were talking about the cervix position :flower:

Thanks for clearing that up :)

Also, I had a laparoscopy years ago to check for endo (negative) because I was having such severe period pain. Turns out bad period pain can be a consquence of tilted uterus. I am feeling a bit peeved that my gynaecologist failed to mention any of this to me at the time.

hmmm. i have a very tilted uterus, and always have bad AF cramps. wonder if this is why?

Hi Ladies

I am 37 and TTC our first. I have been pregnant once but had a mmc in April so back on the TTC bandwagon again now :cry:

Noticed this thread and just wanted to join the 'retroverted uterus' club :haha: At my follow-up scan after my mc I was told I have one! I always wondered if I may have one as my mum has. I have never suffered any period problems though to suggest I did. Interestingly though, I believe the time I conceived was from doggy style and I lay on my tummy for about half an hour afterwards :shrug: So I will definitely be doing this again!

x

Hi Ladies

I am 37 and TTC our first. I have been pregnant once but had a mmc in April so back on the TTC bandwagon again now :cry:

Noticed this thread and just wanted to join the 'retroverted uterus' club :haha: At my follow-up scan after my mc I was told I have one! I always wondered if I may have one as my mum has. I have never suffered any period problems though to suggest I did. Interestingly though, I believe the time I conceived was from doggy style and I lay on my tummy for about half an hour afterwards :shrug: So I will definitely be doing this again!

x

Hi Nat,

Sorry to hear about your mc :hugs: and welcome to the retroverts club, lol :flower:

From what I've been hearing "the future is doggy" Pfff. No sacrifice for me and my OH :)

Still, it's good to know this and that the prevailing wisdom is to stay on your tummy afterwards. It also saves the risk of back/neck injury from doing headstands :haha:

Good luck with TTC :dust:

I also have a retroverted cervix. We tried for 13 cycles and the last one I laid on my belly and got pregnant that cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->