• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Return of AF - how long?

GlitterandBug

Mummy of 2, WTT #3
Reaction score
DS is 6 months old and although I'm weaning, he's still BF an awful lot. This is similar to what happened with DD and AF returned when she was 9 months old. I'm wondering if this will be about the same this time round.

What about you ladies? When did AF show her face or are you still waiting? Were/are you FF or BF (I know with BF it can be slightly longer but not always) and if you have more than one child, did AF come back roughly the same time?

My LO is nearly 12 months old and I am still waiting for AF! I am still breastfeeding alongside solids but plan to replace day time feeds with cows milk when LO is 1. We are trying for #2 so really want to get my cycles back!

DS2 is 10 months old and AF has only just returned. He still BFs several times a day and once (occasionally more) over night. The timing was similar with DS1.

Jealous! Mine have just come back yesterday a few days before dd is 7 months. She still feeds off me 4-5 times a day and 1-2 at night :-( on the upside, I wanted to try for number 2 at Xmas (after a few cheeky Buck's Fizz ) so hopefully will be able to work my cycles out by then!

I read somewhere that it has a lot to do with how often your baby feeds at night (don't know if it's true or not, but thought it was interesting!). Apparently if your baby feeds a lot through the night then your cycles are less likely to start up again - would fit for me as my LO wakes multiple times in the night needing to be fed back to sleep.

I read somewhere that it has a lot to do with how often your baby feeds at night (don't know if it's true or not, but thought it was interesting!). Apparently if your baby feeds a lot through the night then your cycles are less likely to start up again - would fit for me as my LO wakes multiple times in the night needing to be fed back to sleep.

Same here. DS feeds numerous times through the night! :coffee: Mine won't be back anytime soon at this rate then!

Started again on Thursday. I still BF and am on the mini pill. I started getting pms type symptoms once a month from around 14 months when he dropped one of his day feeds and then very light spotting from 16 months when he dropped his night feed.

FF and mine returned at 5 week's postpartum lasted 5 days wasnt to bad. I had a c-section and had hardly any bleeding so was quite a shock when I had my first AF. x

I think I am just unlucky. I breastfeed and my girl eats all night/day, every 2-3 hours, and I had a very short, light period at 7 weeks postpartum. Not much I can do about it though lol!

I'm the same as breadsticks! Bf all through night still, af hit me 6 weeks pp and comes every month really heavy! It's not as regular as it used to be but she is there!

With DS AF returned at 6 weeks and with DD it came back at 10 weeks. Sigh! Exclusively breastfeeding both times, hourly through the night with DD and 2-3 hourly with DS.

Mine came back at four months, was breastfeeding as well :(

I'm breastfeeding my first and she is 10 months old. I am pretty sure I have ovulated, but I have not had my period. She nurses night and day and eats 3 meals a day.

Combo fed both. 7 months with my 1st and 5 months with my 2nd.
My first woke and fed every 2 hours the entire first year of his life and I exclusively BF at night.

Only 5 months PP here, but no AF yet. DS nurses all night most nights, some nights a couple times, some nights a lot of times. On the one hand, I appreciate the lack of AF. On the other, I want to have #2 before too long, on the OTHER hand, I need to wait quite a while after my c-section so I can get my VBAC, and get in shape, so I can lower my pre-eclampsia risk....

My baby breastfed a lot through night and still does at 20 months, my periods returned at 4 months pp, that was a major shock as I assumed breastfeeding would keep it away a lil longer.

My cousin who also breastfeeds said hers returned at 6 weeks!

Stopped BF at 5 months and AF returned at 6 months PP. only lasted 2 days and was very light.

Oh whoops! Realised I must've posted in the wrong place with this. Sorry :blush:

Thanks for all your replies ladies - it's interesting to know that actually, AF will pretty much show up whenever, regardless of FF, BF or night feeds!!

11 weeks pp. FF since 2 weeks and still no AF. Came back around week 7 with my first. Anyone else been this long when bf stopped?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->