• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Return of aunt flow?

sippy1989

Reaction score
How long did it take for you ladies that are exclusively breastfeeding to get your period back?

My husband and I want a close age gap for our children but it's been3 months are there has been no return! I went onto a mini pill for birth control at 6 weeks post partum hoping that that would bring my cycle back but it didn't so I just stopped taking it yesterday. No point in preventing if we are ready for another baby!! Any one have luck conceiving close together??:flower:

8 weeks pp with my first, and 6 weeks pp with this one.

With DS 18 months, I BF'd for 21 months and was in mini pill.
I came off the mini pill on Tuesday as I was having side effects and have had withdrawal bleeding for 3 days so will be interesting to see whether AF comes back.

6 wks pp and I was really disappointed, I was on the mini pill to though.

12 months pp mine came back. Still breastfeeding at nearly 18 months.

3 to 4 months, though I bled about 6 weeks after birth. No birth control and no breastfeeding

Edit: Sorry, just read you meant ladies that are breastfeeding

Now youv gt me thinking, i have the pill to take and i am breast feeding and thought i had to take it on my first day of period but im confused what if i dont get a period for months? LOL

You just start taking it, but you're not protected until you've been taking it for 7 days. If you take it first day of your period you're protected straight away.

7 months PP with my first, still not back currently, though I am tandem feeding.

LO is almost 15 months and i haven't gotten mine back yet (still BF'ing).

Hmm this is slightly discouraging. I was hoping the return would be sooner than later but that does not seem to be the norm! Oh well I will just enjoy this little guy and let nature take its course. ��

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->