Return to work?

Sweetpea7830

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if you were able to return to work once your baby came home...I am in the US so only 12 weeks FMLA and we are finding it very hard...especially now that the pediatrician has said he cannot be in daycare and we are both running out of leave quickly...

any thoughts?

This is probably a personal decision :hugs:

Good luck in whatever you decide - money is always a curse really isn't it to where your heart needs to be and where your mind needs to be to survive.

I get a year mat leave... I couldn't imagine going back so early, thats horrible! I thought tha states would be similiar to canada??

Its a hard decision.... good luck, you will do whats right for you!

Thanks all! We decided for me to take an extended LOA without pay...which will let me stay home through his 6 month birthday. We will see where it goes from there...

is there any financial help they can offer ?

no...I am in the states and they pretty much don't give you any assistance. you get 12 weeks off for birth of a child, but it's not paid...i had to request a special circumstance allowance to get the additional 12 weeks off unpaid or i would have had to quit. after he turns 6 months old (actual age not adjusted) i will have to return to work or quit...he will really only be three months old developmentally so it is going to be a hard thing to figure out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->