Returning to work -EBF baby -help

newlywedtzh

A Mom At Last!
Reaction score
I have 5 weeks left of maternity leave (in US) I was very focused on establishing breast feeding ( and also I felt it was the most natural thing to do) I let her feed on demand, comfort nurse, no pacifier, etc. since she was born

I gave her one bottle a week since 4 weeks. And neither time went well, she would only take it from me(bc she could still smell me I think) and would want to comfort nurse the next hr. Last night she basically refused it and was screaming and then just wanted to stay on my breast. It broke my heart.

How am I going to leave her? She never seems satisfied after a bottle even if she drinks 3oz. Also if she won't take a pacifier how will she be soothed when I'm not there? It's all so stressful, I hate that I'll have to leave her. Mothers aren t supposed to leave their babies :(

Any recommendations on what to do in the next 5 weeks so going back to work won't be so traumatic?

Are you able to leave her sometimes to get her used to being away from you and taking the bottle from others? I tried to do that sometimes so it wouldn't be such a shock wheni did leave her. My daughter didn't take a paci until she started in childcare, but now she does since there wasn't anyone around with a breast to soothe her. Every baby is different though. I don't have much advice. My daughter took to childcare much better than I thought she would, but i still hate leaving her almost 4 months later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->