reuasbles anyone

ThatGirl

Proud mummy to alfie
Reaction score
who plans to use reuasble nappies??

M!!!!!

I think I'll try. It's cheaper and although you have to use the washing machine alot, it's overall better for the environment. I'd probably use disposables when out and about though!

I think I'll try. It's cheaper and although you have to use the washing machine alot, it's overall better for the environment. I'd probably use disposables when out and about though!
I saw on a program the other day that it works out about the same in cost once you take into account all your washing stuff and water bills.
But some councils will offer you a cash incentive for using reusables.
Anyway,Im a dedicated Pampers fan so I'll be using those next time too,sooo much easier.xx

I will. My mum only used reusable ones that she made, terry cloth or something?
I am trying to be eco-friendly and want to be an eco-friendly mum and will only be feeding my kids organic food. I think that people are just too obsessed with convenience these days. Not trying to offend anyone, just my opinion lol.
I'm hoping my mum will be so proud she'll buy the nappies in the first place lol.

xxx

The cost maybe the same, but no nasty landfilled nappies!

I agree, if the mum has the time to do it then it's a great idea. I want to be eco-friendly as well. We're gonna make our own food for the baby when possible and buy organic!

I agree, if the mum has the time to do it then it's a great idea. I want to be eco-friendly as well. We're gonna make our own food for the baby when possible and buy organic!

We make our own baby food-its verrrrry easy to do. You can buy amazing purees too though,most baby food companies use organic veg now.Theres a great company called Ella's Kitchen Organic that we use sometimes.

I think a lot of the time its not at all being 'obsessed with convenience' I know a LOT of families,including us,where both parents have to work.In our house OH works days,I work evenings and most families I know are the same.I'd rather spend the precious time I have with my little girl playing and enjoying her than washing reusable nappies!I only just have enough time to do the regular housework and grab 5 minutes for me to have some lunch and check BnB while shes asleep!
If you do have the time then thats great and its obviously better for the environment but a lot of parents just don't have the time and other things have to take priority. Not being mean,just saying how it is for a lot of families. xxxxxxxx

yeah I totally agree, its very easy for me to say what I'll be doing but I haven't got a baby :( so it's just me saying what I plan to do, or what I will do in an ideal world.

sorry didnt mean to offend anyone. xxx

You didnt offend hon,was just making a point of why some people cant.If I had the time I'd choose reusables too :hugs:

I understand, that's why I said if mums can it's a great idea :)

I don't look down upon anyone for using disposables, like you say sometimes it's not possible, especially for working mums! My mum used them on us, but she was a stay at home mum so it was a lot easier. My aunty had twins and didn't use them, that would be too much washing lol.

I'm thinking cloth reusables for home, disposables for outings.

I want to puree fruit and such for homemade baby food too. It sounds dumb but I don't trust companies not to add things. Also breastfeeding, and breast pumping for bottles, for outings and for papa to be able to feed baby too. I just don't like formula unless it's just not an option to breastfeed (like my cousin, got cysts when she tried to breastfeed, for both of her kids!)

Don't know about the co-sleeping thing, I'd be so worried I'd squish the baby I doubt I'd sleep at all! I know it works for some though and think that's fine and dandy. I'm thinking either a snuggle nest, or a moses basket right next to the bed (for night feedings while little one is still tiny and not sleeping through the night)

It's not at all dumb to be wary of companies. There are so many nasty chemicals about, mum's need to be careful!

I think id love to use re useables but i doubt id have the time baby/2dogs/Oh lol

I can definatly see the benefits

We use reusables. We used disposable diapers at first for Hunter, and I hated it. I have tried every diaper, even the store brands and they all left diaper resedue on his bum. He also had diaper rash with disposables and not with reusables. We use Organic cotton reusable diapers, well they are actually pull up diapers since we are potty training. For our next baby we will be all reusable. We get our diapers from here www.ComfyBummy.com. They are in my state but I think they sell internationally. I love them, they are great.

newborns use 8-12 nappies a day. I couldn't handle all that washing!

as anyone got a reusable nappy stash yet lol i have :) x

I'm all for reusables and disposables for out and about. You can save thousands of dollars, plus it is HEAPS better for the environment. A large percentage of landfills are made up of nappies...

I don't have a stash yet, but I do know what company I'm going to buy from (unless something cheaper comes along). They make a very nice hemp blend nappy that is adjustable.

Does anyone know of a Canadian Reusable company? Preferably one that works via post?

My husband will be the one staying home with the baby while I go back to work and there is no way he would use reusables (or wash them). He's never even held a baby, much less changed one. Once I do get pregnant we are totally going to have to borrow someones baby, so he can learn a few things.

I'd like to use reusables, disposables are sooo expensive.. Even if they work out the same cost, just to spend that much money on something that will just get thrown away, I dunno, I hate doing that.

I expect I'll end up doing a mixture of both, try to use reusables as often as possible, but have some disposables to hand aswell. I'm probs gonna be a stay at home mammy, so hopefully will have a bit more time to do the washing and keep on top of things!!!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"