Reusable Nappies

GillandJamie

Reaction score
Suggestions please ladies. We have always used disposable nappies and have decided this time around ( about time ) that we are going to use reusable nappies...dont have a clue where to start, what is needed what we are going to need in the future etc. If anyone is a reusable nappy veteran can you please give me some advice. Totally useless haha

The best advice I can give is not to buy more than a couple of anything until you've tried them out yourself. There are lots of 24-packs of nappies with discount but that means nothing if they don't fit your baby right! Babies can be so different in shape and needs so you really need to try things before investing big sums of money.

It's worth looking for a nappy library near you as they will be able to show you examples of each kind of cloth nappy and also lend you some to try out before you buy your own. You can read all the reviews you want but what I think of a nappy means nothing when it comes to you and your baby :)

I would aim to try one of each main type of nappy at least, so an all-in-one, an all-in-two, a pocket, a hybrid, a fitted nappy and a flat nappy (with wrap for fitted/flat). You might think you won't like something but it may surprise you! If there's something you particularly like the sound of you could get several different brands of that to try, but it's still worth trying the others too.

Preloved is a good way to try things out cheaply and you can sell on anything you don't get on with.

Your biggest decision right now is whether you want to start from birth or not. Generally 'one size' (also called birth to potty, one size fits most or one size fits all) nappies don't tend to fit until LO is about 4-8 weeks old, even if they're a big baby at birth. So you can buy newborn nappies to use for the first 1-3 months, then sell them on and buy bigger sized nappies or one size nappies, or you can use disposables at first, try cloth as and when you can and then buy slightly bigger nappies or OS nappies when LO is big enough for them. Nappy libraries can often lend you a newborn kit with enough nappies to use full time for a month or two so that could be a good option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->