Reusable swimming nappies

colsy

Mummy to 2 li'l pudd'ns
Reaction score
For our swimming class, we have to use a double nappy system, with a 'normal' nappy on first, followed by a neoprene Happy Nappy. Our class fees included five Pampers disposable swimming nappies, but now we've used most of these I want to start using reusable swimming nappies for the bottom layer. Any recommendations for what to use as our 'normal' (but reusable) nappy? The class insists that we use a Happy Nappy over the top, so the reusable nappy must be slim enough to fit beneath it.

we have to use the happy nappy system for our lessons too. I use a tots bots under it, it's really thin. :D

we have to use the happy nappy system for our lessons too. I use a tots bots under it, it's really thin. :D

Is this a special Tots Bots swimming nappy? I can't imagine our normal Tots Bots would squeeze under our Happy Nappy. And also, doesn't the Tots Bots get all soggy the moment the baby enters the water?

Lol yeah it is their swim nappy.

https://www.totsbots.com/nappies/range/swimtots/

We've not actually been swimming yet but I've bought a mothercare swim nappy (which is actually a bit big :(). I plan to use a naughty baby pocket nappy with no inserts over the top, as I read somewhere that you can do that. With a wetsuit on too, I'm hoping she'll be poo-leak proof!!!

I feel bad now, I bought a swim nappy from CNT the other day and used it today but looking at it, I don't see how it would keep any wee in etc as there isn't an absorbent bit - should I have been using something else as well or is that ok with a wetsuit?

No Lu that's fine, swim nappies are designed to just keep poos in, I don't think much wee (if any) is held in at all.

First time I took Freya when she was about 6 weeks I thought it would be clever to put her in her swim nappy before we left the house so it was easier at the pool - she soaked the carseat as it just goes straight through! And that was a huggies disposable swim nappy with a neoprene cover. :dohh:

so disposable swim nappies are not actually nappies then?? so i guess thats how they dont get so huge cos theyre not absorbant, so what happens with a runny poo??

x

Babies don't often poo in pools, something about the water makes them hang on a bit apparently, lol. When they do it doesn't really have much room to slosh around I suppose, and I guess if you knew you baby had pooed you would get out and change it pretty quickly or else it's a bit gross!

The thing about swim nappies is they need to be snug around the waist and legs so nothing 'escapes'. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->