Reusable Wipe Solution?

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
What do you ladies use???
I just use water with a drop of tea tree oil.
xx

I use stuff I bought from a WAHM on DS, smells so good :D You just melt the cubes into some water and put it in the spray bottle, or whatever you use

I use a splash of witch hazel, a drop of tea tree or lavender oil, a squirt of lovely smelling baby wash and loads of water... smells lovely and seems to be keeping Leyla clean and nappy rash free.

Thanks ladies!!!
Maybe a stupid question - what is DS?? I don't know too many acronyms!!! Just learned WAHM yesterday LOL-
Also do you wet the wipe, then spray the solution on the wipe then use? I mist the dry wipes with tea tree oil/water combo (they are stacked dry in a container) then I just grab, wet and go. Maybe this isn't the best way?? I had to use a disposable wipe yesterday and it smelled so strong of chemicals (ug!) but then I was thinking maybe I am not getting Bun clean enough?? So far he seems happy and has no rash so maybe it is good??
xx

DS stands for Diaper Swappers, I know quite a few ladies are on there, it's a mostly US based site that has a huge for sale or trade section for diapers/wipes/wool all that stuff and then a big WAHM section where people sell their mostly diaper related stuff.

Also do you wet the wipe, then spray the solution on the wipe then use? I mist the dry wipes with tea tree oil/water combo (they are stacked dry in a container) then I just grab, wet and go. Maybe this isn't the best way?? I had to use a disposable wipe yesterday and it smelled so strong of chemicals (ug!) but then I was thinking maybe I am not getting Bun clean enough?? So far he seems happy and has no rash so maybe it is good??
xx

I keep them dry in a stack like you but just keep my solution in a sealable bowl and change it daily. When I go to wipe, I dip my wipe in the solution and squeeze off the excess- I like a really wet wipe so it would take me forever to get the wipe wet enough for my liking if I used a spray bottle! I like the sports bottle idea that some of the ladies here use though. I think you are probably getting Bun cleaner by using your own solution. I found that the solutions they use in the disposable wipes sort of smear stuff around and leave a residue on Emma's bum- I never feel like she's really clean when I use them (and she's sensitive to all the chemicals too so I only use them when out of the house and have to do an emergency diaper change). Hey, if you don't have diaper rash it must be getting him clean, right? :thumbup:

i use water, lavender oil and a tiny smidge of baby wash, i would usually use tea tree oil and water but i cant use tt when pregnant

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->