Reuseable nappies

hypnorm

Reaction score
OK, so this time round i really want to give reuseables a go.
With Ewan a well meaning Granny bought us terry squares but i just could not get on with them, i really wanted shaped one but she went out and bought what she used.
I was looking at tots bots or minki's any advice or experience of these would be appreciated.
As we already have everything for No we have suggested that people either buy us nappies or money/vouchers towards them. rather than buying toys and clothed which we already have (unless it is a girl)

Tots bots are really nice, i liked the fluffles the best, i wasn't too keen on Minki, but only tried a wrap and a AOI

I really really like my Weenotion ones but they can get pricey :D

To start with i used Motherease birth to potty ones with I think it was Ecoflo wraps

I prefered fleece liners to the paper disposable ones

There is loads of stuff in https://www.babyandbump.com/eco-friendly-products-services/ you might have to have a bit of a trawl through if you get time as there is a few threads on them

you might also find that your local council runs a scheme, ours didn't but i think Helens did

Hi there.

I use tots bots bamboozles - Brill imo! I would reccomend buying size 2 to begin with as size 1 are really small and for the price of them your baby won't stay in them very long at all! But size 2 can be tightened up and used from really quite early on.

Like Jo, said, your local council may do a scheme - Tendring District council do a trial pack of three bamboo nappies and three wraps and some liners and booster pads, for just £10! :D Dunno if other councils do things like this? Worth a nosy into anyway! :D

Hope you get on with them - I find them really easy to use and love them, but like you, only with the shaped ones - couldn't be doing with Terry Squares and safety pins! lol

Thanks for that as i have been looking at size ones and wondering.. especially as ewan was 8lb when born so size two will probably be the way to go then.
I'm certainly not using terry squares.. only for cleaning cloths now!!

Totsbots fluffles are really good as well, they dry in minutes on the radiator

Gloucestershire - Real Nappy Voucher Scheme

Your council offers a one off payment of £30 per application towards the cost of purchasing real nappies. Thought it might be helpful :)

In that case I would defo go with size 2 - Anna was 6lbs at birth and she grew out of size 1 in a matter of a month and a bit... not worth spending a fortune on nappies that you won't be using for longer than that... Having said that - There are always people on ebay who will happily pay to take your old nappies off of your hands for you!

I used disposables at first until they were big enough for the washables so I wouldn't go for the smaller size.

We use Baby Beehinds and with their own wraps and also Totsbots wraps. Really happy with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->