Review letters

2bmum

Me, my lil man + WTT 2011
Reaction score
So angry with Oliver's new pediatrician. After just one brief appointment where he constantly kept saying he was running late so spent as little time as possible looking at Oliver he has decided he won't need to see him for another 5 months (his previous one saw him monthly) and has cancelled his next appointment.

He is usually weighted naked and he weighed him with clothes on. As it was cold the clothes were a vest, normal clothes and snowsuit. Oliver has had failure to thrive but because his weight has continued along a line he says he no longer needs his weight checking regularly. The fact he was wearing layers means he would have been heavier than he actually is so his blooming chart means nothing.

He sent his review letter and wrote what I found to be a rather ignorant and upsetting comment about him being bought up by a single parent and a comment about my income. How this effects his health I have no idea and I am sure that if he had 2 parents no comment would have been made. Then also casually dropped in about my son being diagnosed with a heart murmur and lung problem which I had not been told about before.

I rang the hospital today about making another appointment because Oliver has started wheezing regularly and want it checked and was told that if I needed to see anyone I should take him to the GP. I also asked about their complaints procedure, got passed to 5 different departments and eventually the phone went dead. I rang a second time and they put me through to another department that just rang and rang and eventually went dead and then the 3rd time it just rang off completely.

Am I just being over the top and taking this too personally?

oh so sorry to hear what a rubbish doctor i would ring the department direct and ask for another doctor thats unacceptable !! and if phoing works go i n

Iam sorry to hear this. Never worry about being paranoid or oversensitive - it is their duty to put you at ease and help you understand what is going on. If you do not feel that way, then they are not doing their job properly.

If you have any concerns at all, google your hospital name with 'patient advisory liaison service' and give them a call. They are there to help you resolve any queries you have
with the hospital and to help you make complaints.

I hope you get things sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->