rhesus neg and child's blood type

MrsLQ

3 boys and a cat <3
Reaction score
Hellooooo

I am rh- and hubby is rh+. e have 2 sons already and are expecting our third. We have realised we do not know there blood types. I do not recall having the anti G after they were born, if this is correct does that mean they are both rh- too???

Its just my random thought of the day : )

I'm not sure about their blood types but usually all rh- women get a Rhogam shot at 28 weeks. I had one at 28 weeks and also at 6 weeks as I had some bleeding so that just in case baby's blood type was different there wouldn't be an issue with our blood mixing.

I assume that Rhogam is what we call the anti-D (not G...that's the tiredness talking lol). In UK only given if partner has a positive blood type and mother is negative.

I read that you get another shot after delivery IF baby is positive in case of transfer of bloods during delivery.....I have had a shot already as have had bleeding and will have another at 28 (I think). I have been catching up on House, hence the sudden interest in blood types, lol

lol. I'm guessing if you didn't get the shot postpartum I would assume that means your LOs are rh-, too? :shrug: Sorry I'm not more help!

Can you not look back on their medical records & see? I'm rh- and DH is +, but I'm pretty sure, in our case, there's a 50/50 chance we'll have a rh- baby because DH has one + and one - parent, so he should carry both genes. I'm sure with everything that goes on after the birth though, I might not remember getting the rhogam/anti-D shot!

Yes if baby were positive blood type you would have gotten the shot again after. I am also rh- and dd was rh+ so lucky me had the shot again. :haha:

Will be receiving it on Tuesday at my 30 week appt for this pregnancy

Can you not look back on their medical records & see? I'm rh- and DH is +, but I'm pretty sure, in our case, there's a 50/50 chance we'll have a rh- baby because DH has one + and one - parent, so he should carry both genes. I'm sure with everything that goes on after the birth though, I might not remember getting the rhogam/anti-D shot!

It's not on there medical records...
Fair point that I might not remember the shot, especially as my first was an emc c section where I was put to sleep. I will ask at my next midwife appointment : )

Thanks for all the responses x

Im not sure hun.... they test the baby after birth for the babys blood type and then depending on babys blood type whether they get injection I think. its all so confusing. But I think from what I remember you get the jag in labour if you want to get pregnant again in the future xx

They do a quick blood test straight after birth to check. I wasn't told LO's blood type I was just informed it was + like OH's so I had another injection. I'm sure they've probably just not informed you as your babies blood was - so it was irrelevant xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->