Rhogham Shot at 5 weeks due to light spotting.

tanyaher

Reaction score
Has anyone ever received the rhogham shot at 5 weeks and now have a healthy baby? I am a concerned because I read you get it at 28 weeks but due to some spotting and me being rh- they gave me the shot.

I am not rh- but from what I understand about the rhogam shot is they typically plan to give it to you at 28 weeks with every pregnancy BUT if you start spotting earlier than that, they will give another dose earlier. All it means is the reaction that your body can have with the rh factor in pregnancy is happening earlier. I'm sure you and bubs will be fine.

I also want to add that if you have ANY questions about the rh factor and the effect it can have on pregnancy or when/why/what medications you are being prescribed, please talk to your doctor about it. I have a lengthy history of miscarriage and it's been a long and traumatic journey to parenthood for me and my DH. But having doctors who actually listened to me, cared about me, and are doing everything they can to help me figure out why I've miscarried so often and how to best help me get to term in spite of my issues has been absolutely key to keeping me sane through the years. A doctor with empathy and compassion and the willingness to listen to your fears while explaining what they are going to do to help you is a doctor you want to keep. So talk to your doctor if you are concerned about the rhogam shot and want to know more about why it's being given now. And if they don't make you feel like your worries are being heard, then switch doctors.

yes! i had to get 3 shots with my youngest due to bleeding. the shots last about 12 weeks (I had bleeding at 4 and 17 weeks and then the standard 28 week shot). She is 4 months old now. had to get 2 shots with my first and just one with my second in pregnancy (he is an O+ blood type so had to get another one the day after delivery).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->