Rhys David You Made It!

~TLC~

Reaction score
My little story begins January 24th, 2011 when I spent my day waiting for the hospital to call me to be induced as I was 41 weeks and 1 day over due. The hospital finally called me at 9:30pm that night after I finally gave up waiting thinking they weren't going to call me. They asked me to be there for 10:00pm so off we went in a lovely snow storm with unplowed roads and I didn't think we were going to make it on time but we did!

After monitoring the baby's heartbeat for half an hour or so the doctor came in and gave me this gel that's supposed to bring on labour but said it could take up to three days and three doses to work so I wasn't to hopeful. They sent us home around 11:30pm after they determined I and the baby were okay. I tried to get some sleep but was far to anxious... I really wish I had gotten some sleep because at 3:20am I felt what seemed like a contraction but they were one minute apart lasting for one minute and felt never ending and for what I've been told with contractions supposed to be starting far apart and gradually get closer I wasn't sure what I was feeling.

My OH decided to call Labour and Delivery for me at the hospital at 4:00am as I felt like I was dying in the bathtub as nothing was helping with the pain. My OH explained to the hospital what I was feeling and how close together the pains were and they told him what I was feeling was 'gel pains' from the gel they had given me earlier that night and that I could come in but they would probably send me home because these pains would pass. So I tried to with stand the pain for another half hour but it was getting increasingly worse to the point where I couldn't move, bend over, left a leg, nothing! So my OH called them back and said we were coming. I honestly don't know how I managed to make it into the car and to the hospital.

Once we reached the hospital at 5:00am they gave me a bed to assess me and to my amazement I was 3cm dialated so I was going to be admitted! Yay!! The nurse came in to start and IV but I was in so much pain my arm started shaking and it's hard enough to find my veins on a good day so after some gushing blood and three tries the IV was in.

They wheeled me into a room since I was unable to walk due to the pain and as I was trying to make my way into the bed my water broke! Apparently I said 'Oops' and my mother started laughing at me... Some mother, lol. I recieved an epidural around 7:00am and let me tell you life was good after that! I progressed quite quickly to 9cms where I stayed most of the day. I started pushing on and off all afternoon but nothing was coming of it. Around 3:00pm I started the real pushing and was making very very slow progress as the baby's head was turned in the wrong direction and the doctor was unable to successfully turn his head with her hands.

Because I wasn't making any progress they topped up my epidural and prepared me for the OR for a C-section. My last hope before the C-section was trying with foreceps so once I was wheeled into the Operating Room they began trying with the foreceps but I wasn't allowed to push while they were getting the foreceps into place and that was hard.They had to snip me to make the forecepts fit... Ouch but, once the foreceps were in place it took two more contractions and he was out at 5:43pm weighing 9lbs 5oz on January 25th with a height of 55cm!! I think one of the hardest parts was when they made me push at the end without a contraction and I couldn't feel what I was doing.

Once they placed him on my chest the feeling was so unreal as I placed my hands on him before they took him to get him all cleaned up. After that I was so out of it I can hardly remember what happened as my blood pressure went up and I was told I was whiter then a ghost, really dehydrated, and had a high fever. I can faintly remember everyone shoving water in my mouth and telling me to drink it. Sadly I wish the first breast feeding session could have been better as I was so out of it and could barely hold him.

I stayed in the hospital for a total of three days as they had to keep me on antibiotics to make sure I over came infection, my fever stayed down and recovered. I'm glad I had to stay because I could barely get off and on the bed I was in so much pain but on discharge day I was finally able to start moving.

And now I'm home and Rhys and I are doing well!! :cloud9:

Attachments

• Im Here.jpg
    Im Here.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 37
  • GQPose.jpg
    GQPose.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Big Yawn.jpg
    Big Yawn.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 36
congrats hun, what a great weight! he's gorgeous :flower:

awww well done T x

He is goegeous, and he looks so alert and clever bless him, congrats!! xx

He looks so tall in the photo. Love the middle one where he looks like he is so settled and chilled just sitting on your lap. Like he has been there forever :)

Congratulations!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"