Ridiculously constipated! What can I do?

B

became

What helps constipation? :blush: I'm actually getting mad with myself now because no matter what I do, I can't poo! :haha: My stomach is like a rock, I'm stupidly bloated.. Someone please tell me what helps, please!? :dohh: X

Increase fibre intake (fruit and veg), eat smaller meals often, do some exercise (even a walk) and lots and lots of water...Really cannot emphasise the importance of water.

I have a very high fibre diet so have managed to avoid any constipation. However i am incredibly bloated and look like i am a few months gone haha

Ohhh I had that for so long this time, I honestly thanked a higher power when I finally did haha... My nutritionist told me eat fresh fruits and vegetables with you meals (which I wanted to throw back in her face because they were my aversions and she didn't get it!) but if you can then... anyway, what helped me the most were fiber gummy vitamins.. I used benefiber last time with great results and it did allow me to go this time but the fiber gummies let me be regular again... if you're desperate I'd say do both and you should be able to go by tomorrow... if incredibly uncomfortable prune juice works right away but it made my stomach cramp up so bad...if you can take the others and wait for the morning I'd go that route :) good luck!!

I agree with the above pps. Increase your fiber intake and drink lots of water. I had constipation so bad that I forced myself to eat a salad, which I don't like by the way, and I kid you not within 30 minutes I had a bowel movement. Also when you finally feel one coming on (this is tmi btw but it is very helpful info my midwife taught me) put your feet up on a stool, bucket, tipped over trash can... really anything that elevates your feet... and lean back against the toilet. This position actually helped me a lot in getting out stubborn stool and it is a birthing position as an added bonus! Never too soon to start practicing LOL :)

Oh yeah and also when you feel it coming on never wait, I usually can wait just fine but now with the pregnancy it's like it disappears and makes things worse!

I got this stuff from chemist called lactoluse which was great, and safe for preg :) only used it twice and I'm back to normal

Thank you everyone, all very helpful! I couldn't go last night, but I'm on a mission today :haha: x

also reduce red meat, those are hard protein fibers that are hard to digest and slow digestion down anyway, whether you are constipated or not. they're the hardest thing to eliminate for our gut and if it is already constipated i'd keep away from it. all meat if you can.

Benefibre for me. If in UK u can get it from local supermarket. It's just powdered fibre and I stir it into my morning cup of tea. If it doesn't make me go the same day then the next morning for sure x

Benefibre for me. If in UK u can get it from local supermarket. It's just powdered fibre and I stir it into my morning cup of tea. If it doesn't make me go the same day then the next morning for sure x

Ooo thank you, I will try and find it! :) x

I love that I just learned more tricks about constipation and hard poops taking 90 seconds to read a pregnancy thread then if I spent hours researching anywhere else.

I'm not really constipated, but I'm logging all this info away for sure. And I'm totally trying the, put-your-feet-up-and-sit-back approach.

I just wanted to say... you ladies rock!

I eat mainly veggies with a side of meat and some fruit, and I'm still insanely constipated. Thank you, progesterone! I eat prunes for even more fiber and a laxative effect. I can hardly choke them down, but I will choose a natural remedy over anything else. Also, a drug store should carry psyllium husk, which is the active ingredient in most of those fiber mixes but without the added artificial junk.

Get a tin of prunes in juice from the supermarket and some eating apples. Steam the apples and heat up the prunes until the apples are mushy and the prunes are hot. Then blend together. You wouldn't want to eat it all at once, but keep yogurt sized pots of it in the fridge and eat one once or twice a day - see how you get on - increase if you need to.

I used to do this when my kids were constipated. It works! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->