• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ring cushion...

aly888

Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2
Reaction score
I think I've mentioned before that MIL is making us a ring cushion, but the thing is, we don't want a ring cushion :wacko: Never have done and never asked her to make one. She just went ahead and started doing it. We've not seen the cushion or even been told what it's going to be like. And as for who's carrying it, well apparently our daughter (my "flower" girl) is, because we aren't having a page boy!
I really just wanted a nice box with both the rings that best man would have. Or a lovely ceramic dish for him to hold. But we can't do that now without pissing MIL off.
So my question is, do we just let her get on with it to save the argument? Or do we tell her we don't want to use it? :shrug: Or do we "accidentally" forget the cushion on the day? :muaha:

Just want to add, I'm really greatful that she offered. I actually think its really lovely of her to offer something like that. Which just makes it harder to know what to do :wacko:

if that were me I'd probably find another use for it...

can you incorporate it into a photo display maybe?

or give your little girl a handbag and put the cushion in it?!

xx

or better still ask your MIL to change the cushion to a bag by adding a pocket and some pretty ribbon as a handle-then give it to your lil girl to hold! not your fault if she misplaces it! ;)

Hahaha put it in a bag!! :rofl: thats actually got me cracked up, I can just imagine her face and I don't even know the woman! In all seriousness though, this is going to be a tough one because of what she is like, I think either way she is going to be put out. If you don't want to use it though, don't! Don't let her have anything else in your wedding :) xx

completley off topic but I really like this one....

https://m.notonthehighstreet.com/kutuulifestyle/product/follow-your-heart-pewter-trinket-dish

not helping I know! lol! :rofl:

:haha: thanks DB, not helping one but by showing me pretty dishes :lol:

This is the one I like:

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/4D4684C5-F4C6-4ACD-9202-EC9A99001F4D-8764-00000CDE6E0EE9BB.jpg

I don't know what to do :nope: I don't want to annoy her anymore (which btw is very easily done!!). And realistically, what impact is it going to have on the day whether it's a cushion or not?! Am I going to hate it that much? :shrug: Probably :lol:

Yeah you probably will if its been forced on you lol! Why don't you buy the dish thingy then show it to her and pretend you had forgotten about her cushion? xx

Because then it'll be wasted money because she would still expect us to use her cushion :shrug:

I think I'll just let her have her cushion. But how do I go about asking to see it without sounding like I'm checking up on her? Lol

Maybe ask how its coming along? Just come out and ask her. Poor you! Xx

I like the one you posted Donna haha I've saved it on my wishlist :D xx

Hmm I was going to say just pretend you've forgot it on the day but then you can hardly pull out that gorgeous dish!

I think if its not something your overly bothered by I'd just let her do it, but you really don't want it I'd maybe show her the dish and say you've brought it or something and see what she says!

After just being married, nothing could be simpler than rings going into best man pocket without box or anything.

We decided against cushion really early on.
I know it can be hard disagreeing with some things, as my own mother been very much do this or do that kind of thing but if its something you really do not want you got to tell her.

My mother REALLY didn't want us to have dove release but i REALLY did.

We went ahead, funnily enough she said after i enjoyed that. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->