ringworm???

ButterCup17

Reaction score
i work with children and one of them came in with a note today saying they were diagnosed yesterday with ringworm on their scalp and started a medication last night. i would normally be meeting individually with this child today in my office (i'm a therapist), but now am questioning it. we typically play with toys together while we meet and i know it's contagious, so i'm worried he may contaminate the toys that i'll also be touching. our nurse says i "should be ok" since he started a medication but i dont want to risk it. anyone else been in a similar situation? i dont want to make the child feel bad, but wondering how long i should stay away?? :shrug:

oops sorry! i didnt mean to post this in this section!! :dohh:

Hi hon. You can ask a mod to move your post for you by reporting it, I think.

I don't think ringworm is dangerous to get while pregnant. They can treat it with creams. Yes...it's very contagious.

I'm not 100% sure its safe,but ringworm is just a topical fungal infection that generally if you are not immunocompromised (ie HIV,cancer or autoimmune disease treatment) are not an issue.the only issue might be whether you can use the treatment while pregnant.however it would not be a pleasant thing to have in anyone's cSe and personally I would not like to catch it either.so do what u feel comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->