Risks?

DebDeb85

Reaction score
So, I'm pregnant with our first child, and will be going in for my first doctors appointment and ultrasound on March 23rd. I'm worried, not gonna lie. I have lots of fears about the baby being ectopic, or blighted, or just simply stopped growing. Any advice on how to deal with this or how realistic this fear is? I realize that miscarriage at 4/5 weeks is about 1 in 5, but that seems way too high for my taste! And advice or words of wisdom? I'm a champion worrier...

I am a worrier too! I just kept telling myself every human on earth is a product of a successful pregnancy and that regardless of the risks- the odds are in our favor. I also made an agreement with myself that I didn't want worry to steal my joy of my first pregnancy, and that the pregnancy not working out is a possible tragedy- but worrying through the joy is a definite tragedy. Good luck! Hope you have a h&H 9 mos!

That's a great way to look at it! Thank you!

good luck debdeb, hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months

and thanks littlejune that helped me too

I worried a lot during the first tri of my first pregnancy. Actually, I worried all throughout till labour, but the first tri was particularly awful. To make matters worse, I used to dream horrible dreams all the time (same thing this time around). I guess you have to try and enjoy it, keeping a cautious outlook until you know everything's fine. If somthing does go wrong, you'll have time to worry later. But as you say, there are higher chances that everything's perfect and you're growing a perfect healthy little bean.
Having said that, waiting till the end of march is torture! Perhaps you can get a private scan to have a little look and see that everything's fine? I don't know how far along you are

I'm only 4w 4d, so they want me to wait until the end of March to have an 8 wk scan. I did use another wondfo yesterday to see how strong the line would be, and it was almost as dark as the control line. Hoping that means our baby bean is growing well!

I think that's a good sign debdeb. I'm obviously not a professional at all this is my very first pregnancy haha, but when I got my bfp the control line and test line ALSO looked almost identical and I just had my second OB appt yesterday. My 7 wk scan was healthy and the heartbeat on the doppler yesterday was healthy too- so things look great for baby. If that's any consolation. Also, your body was made for this- it knows what it's doing. Let it do it's thing and try some yoga- or if you're spiritual at all like me- prayer works wonders. I'm sure if you're not journaling or even just meditation will help.

Glad my advice was helpful- I'm just a ftm mom who is trying to stay sane as well haha.

Remind yourself that the worry won't ever stop, so you can't let it impact your life. First it will be miscarriage, fetal demise, ectopic, then genetic tests, then you'll be wondering why it isn't moving enough, then late term issues, c sections, newborn problems... and then when it's born a whole new kind of worrying, about everything in the outside world.

This is the only time you have complete control over baby's environment, try to relax and stay healthy and remember you are doing the best you can do.

Remind yourself that the worry won't ever stop, so you can't let it impact your life. First it will be miscarriage, fetal demise, ectopic, then genetic tests, then you'll be wondering why it isn't moving enough, then late term issues, c sections, newborn problems... and then when it's born a whole new kind of worrying, about everything in the outside world.

This is the only time you have complete control over baby's environment, try to relax and stay healthy and remember you are doing the best you can do.

^ this.

You will worry throughout. Or a dr will say something that will scare you. It's a journey for sure, but so many make it through just fine. I also worried throughout, still do as I have late issues going on, but tried to take as much of that away as possible and just was excited to finally have a healthy peanut in there. We opted out of the genetic testing, it's a personal choice and we chose no, so we did the actually have to worry about those, but the worrying will not stop. Just enjoy your time with peanut inside you, and before you know it you'll be feeling her kick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->