Rlt & epo

stephj25

Reaction score
so, I've been on raspberry leaf tea for a couple of weeks now toning my uterus ready for labour. Also starting evening primrose capsules today as I've read that this speeds up the thinning process of the cervix.

Anyone else?

With my first labour, I tried everything to go into labour. Pineapple, sex, spicy foods, squatting up stairs, bouncing, nip stim etc. but nothing worked. Didn't try EPO though so looking forward to giving it a go.

The only thing that I do believe worked how it should was the RLT which is why I am taking this again. I took it from 34 weeks last time and it definitely worked it's magic by speeding up labour. My first pregnancy was a 2 hour labour

I took EPO and I ended up going in for induction, it had softened my cervix a little but that's it.

I love EPO.

With my first i went 3 weeks overdue and still wasnt dilated at all and had to be induced and was in labor for over 20 hours and it was horrid.

With my 2nd i tried EPO starting at 36 or 37 weeks and within a week had dilated to a 2, then the next week 4 cms and went into labor a few dayd after that around 38/39 weeks and had a very quick labor.

I took EPO and RLT at the end of my first pregnancy. I don't have any basis for comparison, but I had a four hour labour, and pushed a 9lb 10oz baby out in just three pushes. I also split open EPO capsules and used the oil for perineal massage. I don't know if the EPO actually helped, but I think the actual massage did, as I only ended up with a second degree tear, despite my big baby and fast delivery.

didn't take anything with my first two. with my third i took 1000mg EPO vaginally for just about a week and then got too lazy to keep doing it. i did it from week 36-37. was checked at 38w and was 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. this pregnancy i have started 1 cup of RRLT at 28w. a week ago i started EPO orally (2000mg). at 37w i'll add 1000mg vaginally. i'm high risk and the chance of an induction if something takes a turn for the worse is pretty high. so i'd like to have a favorable cervix.
with my youngest i went in for an induction at 39+5 because i was also high risk and going over wasn't the best idea. i went from 2-6cm in just 3 hrs. then i stalled at 6cm for 14 hours. i refused to have them break my water and he wouldn't go down into the birth canal to keep me dilating. my waters broke on their own and i went from 6-10cm in two hours. pushed for 30 minutes. looking back, if i had let them break my waters at 6cm then i probably would've had a nice short labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->