Robyn going in to her own room tonight

hypnorm

Reaction score
:cry:looks like Robyn will be going in to her own room tonight, the first week she was fine and sleeping quite well but since OH has gone back to work we both seem to be noticing all her noises, squeaks etc and although it doesn't matter if i dont sleep it does with my OH as he up at 6am driving from Gloucester to anywhere like Nottingham, Dorset, Cornwall, Manchester or Billingham at the end of this week! so he needs his sleep.

We were going to put her in the room from the start but OH said that we could try it and she was sleeping quite soundly in her first week but she is snuffling, squeaking, hiccuping, after a feed which is cute but wakes OH up.
And a grumpy OH is not a happy one!

I worry about cot death and all the comments about it being safer next to mum, and to use a dummy and to sleep on their back... none of which we do.
I dont use dummies dont like them, and she sleeps on her side if you put her on her back she rolls to one side the same as Ewan did. I know tey have to publiscise all their findings but it does make you extra paraniod I think.

Oh well we will see what OH thinks when he gets back home.

Erin went into her own room at 3 weeks old as we found her to be such a noisy sleeper - grunting, squeaking etc. We also have never used a dummy as I don't like them either. She was absolutely fine and she sleeps really well being in there. xx

Oliver went into his own room quite quickly. He also doesn't have a dummy at night and sleeps on his side. He's happy enough!

You think her being child No 2 i'd be a bit more sure of my self! but still a nervous mummy lol. Just trying to do everything right.
Must learn to chill!

Ffio went in her own room straight away, she also sleeps on her side.

trust your own judgement hun and good luck!

Jasmine went into her own room after a week... The main risks with cot death are with babies who already have breathing problems, or have a parent who smokes, or live in a smoking home. Its a bit more rare for healthy babies to just get cot death. Here going in a crib or moses basket is recommended vs co-sleeping.

I have wedges to keep Jasmine from rolling towards the edges of her crib now, but for the first month I put her in her crib sidewars instead of length ways.

i'll keep Robyn in her moses basket in the cot bed as it keeps her a bit warmer and she looks tiddly on there on her own!

i'm sure she'll be fine as long as you can hear her i dont think it makes a differance where they sleep.
Rhys has a dummy i dont paticular like them in toddlers mouths and said i wouldnt use them lol but he does like them and he's alot calmer quicker when he starts crying to settle off he's just a really sucky baby and mw said its better sucking a dummy than his fists as they dont swallow air. i think dummys are only a problem when you see toddlers with them in and talking through them.
as soon as rhys is too big to go in the moses he'll be in the nursery on his todd. but at the moment i cant be bothered to get up walk along the landing to feed in the night all i have to do is lean over get him feed and put him back lol.

xx

You think her being child No 2 i'd be a bit more sure of my self! but still a nervous mummy lol. Just trying to do everything right.
Must learn to chill!

Im definately more more worried and paranoid with no2, I think I know too much this time, good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->