Role play

alibaba24

Reaction score
My 5 year old makes up scenarios and wants us to role play all the time she never gets bored of sometimes I find my imagination letting down :/

Anyone else

Constantly!!!! My naming of pretend good and bad guys is going to pot too. Last week 2 imaginext characters were Dave 1, and Dave 2!!!! I try to make him lead!

I'm so glad its not just me. I find I can start off ok but then my mind just blanks and I run out of ideas. I feel bad about it I find role playing so hard lol. She often wants to do the same thing all the time it's tiring lol

He wants to role play constantly and my mind just goes blank. I just end up with that glazed over look going 'he's gonna get you' and 'arghh the bad guys coming' on repeat! Luckily he doesn't notice that my mind is elsewhere!!

It's when he decide the floor is lava or shark infested I struggle, he refuses to touch the floor and won't let me either, I have to pretend to jump from rock to rock or sand etc, all I want is a drink in the kitchen and it becomes an obsticle course!!

Haha right there with you lol my daughter turns the floor to ice and iv to slide across ?! Trying to slide across carpet is hard lol

My son is in to dinosaurs atm. I play with his dinosaurs and they fight. I last about 3 mins and i'm bored! I feel so guilty! I must make more effort.... I feel even guiltier when he's playing in his room on his own :(

Oh the guilt! I totally get that after a while I will say can you play on your own for a bit and she cheerfully replies ok mum!! That makes Me feel worse

I keep reading that kids must learn to play on their own, but when I hear him trying to be 3 dinosaurs at once I just feel awful!..... I do go in sometimes, but I'm bored agin within 2 minutes

Sorry that made me lol! Oh dear I totally get it my mind just fails me when it comes to imaginative role play

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->