rolling over in sleep!

M2B83

Reaction score
hi all,
so a few weeks ago, the little guy as mastered the act of rolling over.... he rolls from back to front but cant seem to roll back onto his back.
This is fine during the day as when he then gets bored of being on his front or distressed, I can just roll him back.
For the past 2 nights, he has now started doing this in his cot bed!
I really don't want him sleeping on his front yet and he cant roll back!
this means for the first 40 odd mins of putting him down he keeps managing to get on his front and then starts crying as wants to be on his side or back!
it also has meant from 3.30am he has been rolling around and I keep having to go in and put him back again! doesn't help that he has a cold too!
so, my question is, any advice on how to rig up the cot so he doesn't keep going on his front and getting stuck or is it just a waiting game for when he can start rolling back again?
I've tried using rolled up towels on the side but all that seems to do is give him a platform to get up higher haha!

thanks in advance!! x

I wouldn't suggest putting anything in the crib to prevent rolling. A child is more likely to choke on something that you put in the bed than by being on his belly. If a child is able to get on their belly, they have the power to get back on their back if they really need to. Being able to get to their belly also tells me that they have the ability to turn their head so they are not case down into the mattress. If they are really frustrated on their belly, they will scream. But in my experience, many children are perfectly comfortable and safe selling on their belly (as long as they put themselves there). I would just leave them on their belly.

I hate to say but we have been dealing with this for the past 6 weeks! My LO started rolling at 3.5 months and started doing it in his sleep as well and then would get distressed every 45 mins - 1 hour waking up because he couldn't change positions. He is now 5 months and he is finally starting to be able to go on his tummy, then side, then back.

Since 3.5 months he has been sleeping terribly, up every hour and needing to be repositioned. His sleep is only now starting to get better.

As for safety, experts say they can sleep on their tummy once they can roll from back to tummy so I would just let him sleep that way. He is just unable to sleep comfortably on his tummy for long stretches.

You may just have to wait it out. Xx

Mine started doing this about a week ago. No great suggestions in afraid we're just trying to teach her how to roll front to back now so she can right herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->