Room decoration ideas

L

Laura--x

My bedroom is a box room, tiny and just about fits me in it! I knew there was no possible way i could fit me,my oh and my baby in that little room at all. So after alot of begging with my dad hes let us have his work room ( the front room), its a nice size, perfect for us to be a little family away from the rest of the family when we need space.

Atm its a mess, walls are half done, doors are falling apart and its just awful, so everything will need to be done. It's going to be fully redone inside and out.

Because we are having this room means my dad is having to have my bedroom as a little workroom, which hes not happy about but has no choice :rofl: , so we need to make the front room into a living/sleeping area for us and baby. At first i wanted to decorate it into a nursery with us in there, but my oh wasnt keen on the idea and said because we'll be living in there we need it to suit us, which i agree with.

So now im stuck on how to decorate it. Im not having a bed in there, because it'll take up needed space to have a double bed then seating which will be needed for the day, so i've decided to get a sofabed, although im having everone moan at me saying ' sofabeds arn't for everyday sleeping, its the occasional sleeping, they arn't very comfortable at all' but surely if we pay the price we can get a nice one? Well we have no choice tbh, i can't fit a bed and sofa in there together.

So does any have any ideas on colours/decoration ideas? We're going to start sorting it out asap because atm i only have a single bed and its a struggle as it is to fit me and oh on, nevemind when i have a massive bump, and it will be good for us to have our own space to get used to before baby comes. We just need ideas on what colours are good for a living/sleeping/nursery purpose and so on :happydance:

There are lots of cream nursery sets around !!

Maybe you could look at having a cream and another colour for your room by time baby has a pink/blue teddy and blankets you probably wont want much more colour !!

There are lots of cream nursery sets around !!

Maybe you could look at having a cream and another colour for your room by time baby has a pink/blue teddy and blankets you probably wont want much more colour !!

We was originally going to go with neutral colours and cream nursery furniture, but now because we are going to find out , if i have a girl my friend is giving me her pink moses basket, swing ect ect so wondering if i should still stick with neutral colours x

Maybe you could set a corner for baby and just paint or add stickers behind where you will keep baby's things !!

Hopefully when you know wether baby is a boy or girl it will make it easier to choose !!

creams and neutrals sound lovely :) will be perfect for your liitle family :)

Yeah thats what i said, we'll get a little corner in the room for babys things, and put stickers up and stuff and make it a bit more nursery like hehe.

My bed in my teenage years was a futon sofa bed, did me fine and it was soo comfy :D

Were all sharing a room till we get our own place and have just redecorated our bedroom in coffee and cream colours just make it really neutral!! you could always do a feature wall in a different colour for your end or babies end to differenciate it!!

x

Yep i'd go with the neatral theme and then have just the blue or pink,

I had the same idea as you and we used a sofa bed for 10 months it was fine at first but then we had to start padding it out with extra duvet, so as a lil warnig don't get this one from Argos
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Prod.../c_3/3|cat_10198031|Metal+futons|10198036.htm

Or even any with metal bars as the base as you can feel them, just a little heads up, hope you don't mind x

I agree we had one of those for a spare and you can feel the bars.
I had a wooden one for longer term use.

Good job you said that otherwise i would of gone for the metal one lol

Id just go for creams and neutral colours :) Ull have enough pink/blue stuff to add colour when you get all your baby stuff believe me! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->