Room temp 22-23 degree at night?

OmarsMum

Reaction score
What do you children wear for bedtime if the room temp is 22-23 degrees?

I used to dress him in long sleeves pj but he sweats a lot, we moved to half sleeves with a vest underneath but he still sweats, he can't fall asleep if he doesn't fully cover himself up to the neck and he starts to sweat when he falls asleep. His head gets wet, I uncover him until the sweat dries then I half cover him. He doesn't sweat during the night unless I turn off the AC when I feel cold.

I wear a cotton half sleeves night dress and my duvet is similar to his. I don't feel hot easily and I'm not sweaty.

Does it sound that he's over dressed for bedtime ?

*searches for metric converter again*

At that temperature, my DD would wear a short sleeve or sleeveless nightgown. lol If she's not wearing a nightgown, it would be a shorts pajama with either a tank or very short sleeves. She likes to sleep under a blanket too.

Meg just sleeps in her pants when its this warm with a blanket over her (that normally ends up in a he's on the floor!)

We were overheating our boy lol

He's in shorts tonight, hubby thinks the room is too cold for shorts, the temp outside at night is around 40 degrees !

There is little sweat on his neck but his head is dry

Is it normal for children to sweat while falling asleep? I googled and I got horrible things!

I asked my friend & she told me both her children sweat while falling asleep and they are not overdressed

Mine would wear shortie pyjamas, no vest, under a light duvet. My DS is a bit of a sweaty spaghetti :haha: and has long hair, so it wouldn't be unusual for him to have a light sweat around his head during summer nights. But his room can get up to 26 or 27 degrees, even with windows open and a fan on. If he gets too hot, he will kick off his covers.

My boy just sleep in his undies and my girl will either sleep in just knickers or shorts and t-shirt PJ's or nighty. Depends how she feels.

Just a nightie. If it is too hot she kicks the covers off

It's gets about 30 in our house some summer nights (a/c is not found in most homes here although heat pumps are gaining popularity). On hot night my kids will sleep in their undies with fans on. Low 20's would be short sleeved pjs. Honestly i just let my kids choose. They have down duvets and they will sleep with them still usually.

Oh and 2/3 of my kids sweat. No matter what the temp! !!

When it's warm like that mine wear just their pants with DD wearing so vest too.
DS wears just pants all year round as he gets really warm.
He sweats every night while falling asleep regardless of the temperature.

K sleeps in her underwear lol she hates wearing anything else, even in the winter and is always warm when she sleeps. We use light covers for her and have a fan in her room (and our's since she ends up in there most nights anyways if daddy isn't in with her).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->