Rose Emily arrived on 24-07-08

bubaboo**

Mam to 1, No2 on the way!
Reaction score
Only just gatting a chance to post this, its been crazy but wonderfull!
I had resigned myself to the fact that i wouldnt see her before the 28th as i was booked in for an induction and at 9 days overdue was tired of not getting any signs of labour starting. So when i got woken out of my sleep on thursday 24th at 3am with mild belly cramps i didnt know what to think. I gave it half hour before i woke my OH incase they went away but i had a few more so decided to wake him just to tell him something was happening
(thinking i had ages to go yet!).Within half hour i was doubled over the bottom of the bed, gripping the quilt having full on contractions coming
every 2 mins and lasting 30 seconds. We timed about 10 of them before my OH rang the labour ward and we were told to go straight away so at 3:50 we were on our way. We got to the hospital, and had to park in the big car park as the small one outside maternity was full!! We made out way to the main entrance of the hospital only to find that the doors were locked!! I had to waddle, while huffin and puffin all the way around to the maternity entrance at the other side of the building. When i got there the 2 midwives (who were fab) hooked me up to the monitor and the student asked if she could examine me, she was a bit shocked when she discovered i was 9cm dialated so the other midwife examined me to be sure and just smiled and said "your gonna have a baby soon"!!.
They got me a wheelchair and took me to a delivery room and got me ready (didnt even get a chance to change into my baggy tshirt, lol). They asked if i wanted gas and air and for some reason i said no at first, after about 15 mins
i changed my mind, i wanted some! The doctor came in and broke my waters which i didnt feel untill the gush, then it was time to start pushing and after 36mins at 6:03am she was in my arms! Weighing 8lb 10oz and 52cm long. Had to stay in over night to monitor bleeding and BP but we were home by 2:00 friday afternoon.
She's a little star and were loving being a mummy and daddy at last to our little girl.
Was a bit of a shock, never expected my first labour to be over in 3 hours and have been warned if we have other children they could be quicker again so to allow for enough time, or have a home birth, lol!

Attachments

• n764204492_1164801_7441[1].jpg
    n764204492_1164801_7441[1].jpg
    40 KB · Views: 102
  • n764204492_1164807_9235[1].jpg
    n764204492_1164807_9235[1].jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 126
congrats and wow what a quick labour xx

wow very quick labour congrats she is gorgeous

she is beautiful. Many congratulations

Congrats!What a fab labour, hope mine goes as quick! xx

congratulations hun, she is beautiful hun, lots of hair too.

congratulations....think most women woud love a labour like that!!!! She's beutiful gorgeous load of hair xxxx

Wow thats a quick labor!! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl, she is gorgeous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->