Rosie - yay or nay?!

windswept

Reaction score
Rosie Morrison... Sister of Archie.

Is it pretty?
Do you know many Rosie's? Is it a common name?
Does it conjure up nice thoughts or not?

I think that's what we've decided for our little girl who's due to join us in 12 days...

But I'm not absolutely certain!

Your thoughts would be appreciated...

Definitely yay! Archie is also great, they're perfect together.

I love Rosie, but as a nickname, prefer rosemary or rose as the given name tbh. X

it goes well with Archie but I think its a great nick name, however rose, Rosalie, Rosanna, Rosemarie etc... sound more adult, so I would go for a grown up name the nickname her Rosie

I love it! So cute, would definitely be a contender for our girls name if it wasn't my mums name! Haha x

Rosie is lovely, but I agree it's more of a nickname. My mum goes by Rosie, short for rosangela, but she is the only Rosie I know so don't think it's common!

I love it and I think it's just fine as a name on its own, doesn't have to be short for anything..

Archie and Rosie sound fab together :)

Thanks ladies

I don't agree with long winded names for babies if that's not what they'll be called (reminds me of naming a pedigree dog!) so it'll be plain old Rosie, just like Archie's name is simply Archie.

No frills... That's us!!!

When my sister had her first son Ty people were always asking "Ty, short form from what?"and she always firmly stated, "Just Ty."
I thought it was so cute he called himself Ty Ty for awhile when learning to speak.

Go for what you like. I think Rosie is absolutely adorable. :flower:

Edit: she ended up having three boys: Ty, Cohen and Tristan.

I have a friend who's little girl is Rosie. I think it's cute x

I love the name Rosie, it's my sisters name, shes nearly 21 and it still suits her. If we ever call her something for short it's Rose x x

Love it! Sounds good with Archie too.

Rosie and Archie - so cute! :thumbup:

DD is Rosalie and only her dad calls her Rosie. I wasnt keen on it being shortened but its actually cute and im sure when shes grown up she will remember it was only ever dad who called her Rosie x

Rosie is a lovely name I prefer it just Rosie too x I only know one Rosie and she is 4 x

It's my name and I hate it sorry! Just my opinion though :) actually i'm Rosemary but have only been known as Rosie since I was 11, as I detest the real one more. Honestly I was going to change it by deed poll (to something entirely else) but dh really isn't keen :-(
I just feel like Rosemary is for elderly people and Rosie is a childs name. clearly my own issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->