Roswell ufos etc

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
What are your tonight's on ufos... Do you think governments keep things a secret ?

Roswell ? Did it happen ? :shrug:

My physics teacher said that it is incredibly naive to believe we're the only life in all of the universes. So yeah, I believe aliens exist. I don't really have a formed opinion on whether or not they've been to earth, but I must say that my immediate reaction to people who claim abduction etc is to find it a bit silly.

I don't know anything about Roswell, gonna do a google now.

Agree with you.

I do find Roswell interesting

A couple if astronauts have reported seeing ufos

I think there must be life on other planets but that could be microscopic organisms rather than 'aliens'. I'm definitely not convinced by UFO sightings.

I think it would be very sad to think in this absolutely massive universe we were the only life, so i do believe they are out there somewhere.

I definitely believe there is life out there, there has to be I can't believe we're the only fluke in the universe, it's massive and we have explored a minimal amount. I don't think I believe the reports sightings though, and I don't really understand conspiracy theories because why keep it so quiet? I don't worry myself over it either way though lol.

I definitely believe there is other life in the universe, it seems crazy to think there isn't. I doubt we'll ever make contact before going extinct ourselves though.
I don't believe we've been visited by aliens however there's an interesting quote from Neil deGrasse Tyson that makes me think:
There’s a worm in the street, you walk by it. Does the worm know that you think you’re smart? The worm has no concept of your smarts. Because you’re that much smarter than the worm. So the worm has no idea that something smart is walking by it. Which makes me wonder whether we have any concept—if a super species walked by us. Maybe they’re uninterested in us because we’re too stupid for them to even imagine having a conversation. You don’t walk by worms and go “Gee I wonder what the worm is thinking.” This is just not a thought that you have! So one of the best pieces of evidence for why we haven’t been visited by aliens is that they have actually observed us, and concluded there is no intelligent sign of life on earth.
Also, the Earth has existed a lot longer than we've lived on it and will continue to once we're gone. If there are other lifeforms in the universe, what's the chances they're going to visit Earth while humans are inhabiting it (and have the ability/technology to recognise that it's alien)?

As for governments keeping things from us, I have no doubt that they do. Imagining the kind of hysteria something like alien visitors (for example) would cause, I'm quite happy for them to keep those sorts of secrets.

I absolutely believe in them! I've done so much reading on them and it fascinates me :)

I would guarantee there is life in this universe. If their civilization and technology get to the point they can explore space I still don't think they will find us, we are a tiny planet, in a tiny solar system in a tiny galaxy in the massiveness of our universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->