rough day. fell down, went to hospital, now back home.

Mica

Reaction score
hi all.
today, as I was trying to pass the time and possibly get labor started, I started off for a little walk in my neighborhood. about 10 minutes in, my ankle turned and I fell down in the street! it wasn't a very bad fall. I caught myself with my hand, elbow, and knee, but it really startled me and got me to worrying. I didn't really feel like I was hurt, and I could feel baby moving pretty normally almost right after, but I still felt uneasy. so, I came back home and tried to call the nurse. left a message. then I did a google search "what to do if you fall and you're pregnant," which actually made me feel like maybe I didn't need to worry about it too much. (no vaginal bleeding, no contractions, regular fetal movements, etc.) anyway, the nurse called back around then and asked me some questions. she didn't seem too worried, but wanted me to call my doctor anyway. my doctor was not working today, so I had to call this number and that to finally be put in touch with the on-call doctor, who wanted me to go in to the hospital. NOT what I was hoping would happen.
so, I went up there. husband went with me. oh, and he got all stressed out and upset because he hadn't had dinner, and then he started freaking out thinking they are going to try to induce me when I got there or something crazy. basically, he was making me feel bad for trying to play it safe and go get checked out. that really sucked. I'm thinking, is this what you're going to do when I actually go into labor - tell me how stressed out YOU are!?! I told him I needed him to support me, tell me things are going to be okay and not freak out about imaginary scenarios. he chilled out a little, but I was still scared, and now stressed and upset with him.
we got up to labor and delivery and they put us in a private room. she had me give a urine sample and then get into the bed, where she hooked me up to the monitors. she started asking me questions to admit me - which will be nice to have already done when we go in to have the baby. when we finished with that, she told me that baby was looking good so far, heart rate good, etc. then told me I'd have to stay to be monitored for the next four hours! well, four hours went by, and lets just say there was no real excitement. did find out I'm having contractions of some kind, and apparently I've been having them for days (maybe even weeks!), but no progression with my cervix (still 1 cm). doctor came and saw me, did an ultrasound, also said everything looks good.
anyway, there's no real tale to tell here, I'm fine, I just needed to sound off as it's been a stressful day. I'm grateful that everything is okay with the baby, and I am glad I did the right thing, checking with medical staff. really that's what is most important.
still, at almost 5 days past my due date, I'm a little bored, a little frustrated, a little anxious, a little - well, a lot! emotional... I'm also not the best at expressing my emotions, and honestly didn't feel like I had anyone to talk to about this (without stressing them out as well) so decided to have a little vent here.
thanks for bearing with me. I feel a little better already. :}

Glad everything is ok Mica! You did right getting Bubs checked out. Sometimes getting things off your chest is good for you!

thank you! are you still waiting for your little one's arrival too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->