Rough Preg#1 makes nervous TTC#2

awnmyown

Reaction score
Ugh.

So DH and I are off to Mexico at the end of the month, and assuming we stay healthy on return will be TTC#2 in March (2 month wait for zika).

I'm a little excited, but it's totally overwhelmed by pure nerves after how not-fun the first pregnancy/newborn stage was. I had HG for the first 6 months, ending up in the hospital, having to take diclectin and an anti-nausea drug used on cancer patients. I could barely keep my eyes open the meds made me so exhausted, I still puked every morning until I was hacking up blood and I was miserable. The last 3 months were fine, my labor was actually pretty awesome (<12hours, all natural)...and then the newborn stage killed me.

Granted we were also building a massive garage and I would spend 8-10 hours a day working outside on shingles and framing from the time she was 3 weeks old (and the whole pregnancy), but I was exhausted and suffering from PPD and hated it. Deeply. Those first three months were the most difficult of my life. Breastfeeding was hell to get started and she didn't sleep until she was over a year old. Had to be held CONSTANTLY. Super high needs.

Now my DD1 is 16 months, adorable, and I love being a mom. She sleeps through the night, I even love her tantrums.

I'm just still scared to go through the hell of pregnancy again and those awful first 3 months, WITH a toddler around too, to boot. Anyone else totally dreading it? I wish I could just blink and #2 would be 4 months old lol.

Hi there,

I am currently getting geared up to try for #3 after having HG with both of those pregnancies, plus another that ended in MC at 8 weeks. I won't lie; it sucked. I was sicker with the second full pregnancy than the first. And having Toddler AllTheTime did not help. However, it was actually easier for me to deal with bc I knew what it was, and I knew that it would end. For me, the worst part of HG was passing through every time point when it SHOULD stop, and continuing to be constantly I'll.

I'll also add that my second baby has been a nightmare by all objective measures: breech, a month early, digestive issues, ear infection, super-clingy... And yet, here I am considering a third. Because I love them. Because I know the rough early days are temporary. Because I know that getting his baby sister was the best thing to ever happen for my first born. Because I may be, straight up, mentally I'll.

If it feels like the right long-term move for your family, enduring the rough beginning is worth it.

Yeah, I guess that's how I feel too, which is why we're headed towards TT#2. And eventually want #3. It just sucks to know that the BFP comes with this huge sucky bit lol. But you're right, knowing what to expect, how to get through it and that it won't last probably helps. Least I can confirm my pregnancy and get zofran in the same doctors appointment this time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->