round ligament pain?????

bisbis

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For the past 2 days i've had pain at the bottom of my stomach, it dosent feel like normal cramps, just feels like there's something tugging on either side of my bikini line.....it isnt constant, it starts and stops and gets worse when i change positions whilst sleeping, it started about the night before last, then it was really bad but its much better now even though my stomach still feels uncomfortable.
I've been researching and it sounds like its round ligament stretching pain, isnt it a too early for me to feel this pain?.....has anyone gone through this, if so when? Thank you.

Hi I have never heard of that but what you describe is very similar to what I had been having..the midwife told me it was pressure pains & to rest when I had it...as soon as i started resting when I felt it it went away I still get it the odd time....but you should maybe mention to your doctor or midwife just in case..

Sounds like round ligament to me. Its totally normal, and I have had it as well for weeks. Once you get to the end of the first trimester the uterus is really starting to grow, it starts out the size of a plum and by the 13-14th week it is about the size of a cantaloupe melon. If it worrys you, be sure to mention it to your midwife.

It definitely sounds like round ligament pain to me. You have two ligaments that attach the uterus to the pelvis on either side of your hoo hoo, and when it starts growing it pulls on those and stretches them, thats why it hurts on both sides. It should go away in a few days, it usually comes and goes throughout the pregnancy. Hope you start feeling better hon :hugs:

Thank you, i was really getting worried that the pain has come so early. I have got a midwife appointment next week, i'll mention it then.

You will know about round ligament pain in a few weeks - when you sneeze! GEEEZ!!! its like someone chopping you in half with a cheese wire lol :D

xx

:hugs: Hope it eases off soon hun. x

I had that in some of my 12th week It felt kinda like period cramps. I don't really feel it anymore

You will know about round ligament pain in a few weeks - when you sneeze! GEEEZ!!! its like someone chopping you in half with a cheese wire lol :D

xx

OMG yes, it kills. I was in the bath one night and sneezed and thought I had ripped myself in two! It was horrible.

yes i had that too it would come and go but now im in my second tri i havnt had it as much xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->