• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Routine and weaning at 6 months

sweetcheeks78

Mum to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Hi folks. I'm just looking for some guidance as I'm worried my LO is eating too much. I started slowly introducing solids about 2 weeks ago. He is FF, and was taking 5 x 8oz bottles a day before I started weaning. He's now dropped one of those, and is on 3 meals a day. Our routine is roughly:
Wake around 5.30, comes into bed with us and hoes back to sleep until 7am.
7.30 - 8oz bottle
9.30 - porridge then down for a nap for anything up to an hour.
11.30 - 8oz bottle
12.30 - lunch of mixed veg (about 2 tbsp) and pudding of natural yoghurt and fruit purée.
16.00 - 8oz bottle
17.30 - dinner similar to lunch
19.30 - 8oz bottle
He catnaps throughout the afternoon, no set routine there but he always goes to bed around 8/8.30
He always finishes his bottles and is always hungry for his food. I guess he's just a big eater but I don't want to over feed him! Should also mention that he's started waking in the night again, after sleeping through from 11-7 from about 9 weeks. He doesn't want fed in the night, we just put dummy in and mobile on and he goes back to sleep.

Sounds fine. Veg purée doesn't have much in the way of protein and fat, so yes I'd expect him to still be hungry for his milk.

I think that sounds fine. You're offering milk before solids, which is exactly what you should be doing. If he's finishing all his bottles, you might think about offering more, 9 oz instead of 8oz, as you definitely still want him to have lots of milk even though he's also eating food. But all that looks fine to me. My daughter didn't drop a bottle until 8 months, but she didn't consistently have 3 meals a day until about 7.5 months and we did BLW, so I would imagine he's probably eating more volume-wise than she was at 6 months, so that's what you'd expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->