Routine during the day.

XKatX

Reaction score
Oliver has his bedtime routine down to a tee - nappy change, wash, bedtime cream and into sleepsuit. Then he is BF and is out like a light - bang on 9pm.
But we have no routine during the day. He plays a lot, then just falls asleep when he is tired.
Is this wrong? Do your LO have a daytime routine too?

We only have a morning routine, and night time. During the day, the only thing planned is lunch x

My whole day is planned, but then I am a FREAK !!!! Lol Breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea all at the same time everyday, alone playtime and then mummy playtime again at the same time everyday, at the moment it is alone playtime, then a walk to the park,cousins house, nannies house or shops at the same time everyday. I have had the same rountine since he was about 8 months, the only thing that has changed is the time he gets up in the morning.

I am like you Kat, we have a good night time routine but our day routine is a lot more flexible. Because Tristan is so settled in his night time routine, I keep thinking we should establish a day time routine. It is much harder though, as so many variables would throw it off balance.

Hi we also have good bedtime routine but i have only just started bathing Toby everynight as i find he settles quicker after a bath, bottle then bed. Lately he has been going to bed between 7-8pm. In the day he kind of has a routine but not really!! He feeds every 3 hours and he usually gets tired after approx 2 hours of being awake. He will usually nap mid morning about half hour but will then sleep for around 2-3 hrs in afternoon. I used to get really worried about routines etc when he was little but we sort of found our own little routine xxxx

We do have a bit of one but it's not something I have engineered or enforced, it's just something we have fallen into.

Obviously, it depends if we've got anything planned but if we're having a quiet day this is what we do:

Get up anytime between 7 and 8.30. Poppy lays on our bed while I flick the heating on, tidy the bedroom, get her clothes out, etc. Then I take her into the lounge, lay her on her change mat on a towel with no nappy for around half an hour while I eat my brekkie, have a cuppa and chat to her.

After that, I get her washed and dressed and then the day consists of feeding, playing with her, reading to her, singing songs, going under playgym, sitting in Bumbo, etc. She also goes in her bouncer while I have a shower and get dressed and do the housework.

She has a nap after she has been up for around 3 hours, normally for around half an hour, and another longer one in the afternoon, normally around 2pm-3pm.

We also go for a walk for an hour or so. In the afternoon, I do the same stuff we have done in the morning. All this is much easier now that she is a bit older and can entertain herself a bit more.

Bedtime routine normally begins at 6pm and she's tucked up by 7pm.

I haven't set this routine up purposely, I just find it easier on me if I know how we are going to fill the day as, at first, I found it really difficult to think of things to do with her!

We only have a morning and nighttime routine. During the day,it's all fair game :lol:

We never had a set routine as such, but have kind of fallen into one. The daytime routine is very basic, nothing too structured. Breakfast at 8, lunch around 12, and my youngest has a nap around 2pm. We have dinner around 4.30 - 5, then bath, daddy playtime when he gets home from work, and the story and bed around 8. Like I say though, didn't decide the routine, it just kind of happens that way. I'm not the most organized mum in the world!!!

We have a night time and bed routine, im starting with an evening routine now... And during 1pm-4pm it is always quiet time/nap time, we snuggle on the couch and watch tv or sleep.... Morning we just do whatever, but ive started a workout so that will be done every morning... Nothing is really on time that much.

Hi Kat!!!

Daytime routine isn't established as yet apart from the mornings cos of Faith's nursery run but other than that I jsut go with the flow. Was the same with Faith and found a routine just formed as she got older. Night time at the mo is bath and bottle and bed between 10-11pm depending on when his last bottle is due. He wakes up around 3-3.30am for milk and then wakes up about 6.30-7am x

i have a rough routine but am flexible.

we are up at 7 for a feed

Then we pick out clothes and get dressed.
She plays on her mat or in her bouncer whilst i try and have breakfast
around 8.45-9ish i lay her down in day cot with dangly toys she plays with them for a bit then falls asleep.

She is up at around 9.30 - 9.45 she likes to be quiet then

11 we feed and she falls asleep feeding (only for max of 30 mins)

we are up and playing, or walking to shops etc at around 12

12.45 ish she down for another nap.

then we are up at around 2.30

feed at 3

play time till bath at 6.30

massage, dress and feed bed for 7

we wake her at 11 for a night feed

However it is flexible, today she only went down for 1/2 hour at 12:45 and so fell asleep after 3pm feed will let her sleep till 4 then up for lots of play to wear her out for 7.

hope this helps

i have a rough routine but am flexible.

we are up at 7 for a feed

Then we pick out clothes and get dressed.
She plays on her mat or in her bouncer whilst i try and have breakfast
around 8.45-9ish i lay her down in day cot with dangly toys she plays with them for a bit then falls asleep.

She is up at around 9.30 - 9.45 she likes to be quiet then

11 we feed and she falls asleep feeding (only for max of 30 mins)

we are up and playing, or walking to shops etc at around 12

12.45 ish she down for another nap.

then we are up at around 2.30

feed at 3

play time till bath at 6.30

massage, dress and feed bed for 7

we wake her at 11 for a night feed

However it is flexible, today she only went down for 1/2 hour at 12:45 and so fell asleep after 3pm feed will let her sleep till 4 then up for lots of play to wear her out for 7.

hope this helps

Gosh, thats very structured! I think he is starting to get a rough routine-ish. I guess it will come with time. I hope!

Our day today

Wake up at 8AM
Have breakfast
Straight upstairs to run the bath
Get all her bits ready for when she gets out the bath
Give Caitlyn a bath and have a play for 10minutes
Get her out, dry her, cream her, get her dressed
Pop Caitlyn in her walker while I jump in her water and have a wash
Pop her in her jumperoo whilst I get dressed and do my hair etc
Playtime untill 11am
Snack at 11am
Boobie (and nap if required)
Lunch at half 12
Nap if she hasn't had one
Boobie at 4
Dinner at 5 to half 5 (sometime around then)

I'm not really anal about it, we don't have a breastfeeding routine, but her lunch, dinner and breakfast are set. She gets ready for bed at 7.30PM, goes on my boob to settle and snuggle, then bedtime at 8PM. The morning are always the same up to the getting dressed bit.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->