Routine?

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
when do you start to introduce your baby to a routine? Rhiannon will be a month old this fri and so far has been wonderfull sleeping from feed to feed, but this last 2-3 days she has shown signs of crotchiness when over tired or over stimulated, certain family members are still picking her up whenever they want and singing and waking her even after ive asked them not too. dont know if a routine would benefit her yet or of she is too little... im thinking it might also hint to people that at certain times of day she is too sleep?!!! any suggestions very welcome.

ive got this really good book called the baby whisperer, dont beleive in alot of the crap in it but one thing it says about sleeping is to get your baby used to the difference in night and day is when doing night feeds keep the lights dimmed and dont speak much but when you do keep your voice low and as soon as you have fed her and changed her put her back down in her crib. havent tried it yet but i think ill have a go gradually and start doing it all the time once she has established a proper feeding routine herself. xxx

My personal thoughts are that it's never too early to start a routine.
It makes it easier for you as if you don't have baby gets used to that and then when you introduce one you have to re-teach baby's habits - if that made sense it sounded a lot clearer in my head.

The keeping lights dim and talking real quiet during night feeds helps too as it doesn't wake you up so much either and it's easier to go back to sleep afterwards.

I think hun that it's not a routine that you need but a way of telling people to leave the baby alone. My sister had this problem with her OHs family, they were always shouting and overstimulating Jaksyn. In the end she just had to say to them 'don't pick him up he's sleeping' etc.

On the routine thing, Kaya's 3 months and doesn't really have a routine yet, she eats when she's hungry (BF) and sleeps when she's tired. The only exception is when we go to bed, but she's usually asleep by then anyway and if not I just feed her to sleep.

thanks for the replies guys, know i need to toughen up with telling people to leave her alone but at the moment its not worth the attitude i get back... *sigh*... asked health visitor ans she said that Rhiannon seems to be finding her own routine at the moment and that you cant *spoil* a baby at this age as they dont see being held as a treat.. ah well time will tell i s'pose...

She is your baby, only you can decide what's best for her. If people give you attitude try tackling them at a different time. Wait until the baby is asleep and then approach them and tell them that you feel uncomfortable, and that you still need to bond with the baby and would they mind backing off a bit for a couple of weeks.

Thats a nice way of putting it Marley. I'd just tell them that it's my baby, and I know what she wants, which is for the family member to back off. Thyen put her in her cot is she needs a sleep etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->