Routines

Sweetie

DD, DS, and a Surprise!!!
Reaction score
How much of a routine is everyone's LO's on and at what age. We have been travelling since Brooklynn was 8 days old and have another 2-3 weeks before we are home. Any ideas on what we can do to help establish more of a routine?

I put tom into a routine as soon as we got home and it seems to have paid off.

We get up at 9-10am
change nappy and feed
30 mins playtime
Bath and baby massage & get dressed
Play until 12.
Nappy change and feed at 12
Nappy change and feed at 4
nappy change and feed at 8.
Change into pajamas and lots of hugs and rhymes and in bed by 9
nappy change and feed at 12-2am
nappy change and feed at 5-6am

During the day we play and hug all day unless he gets sleepy- in which case he sleeps on a floor matt in a lit room with the tv on. At night we talk quietly and keep the lights low so that he gets to know the difference between night and day. Also no hugs after bed until the morning when he gets lots of fuss!

repetative is the key to routine imo...
i have given the same bedtime routine to Rhiannon since we came out of hospital and now she asks for her bath (not litrally lol as she is 6mnths)
but her bathtime is always 6-7pm no later, then after bath its jammies, cuddles bottle and bed..when it gets to 5pm-5.30pm she gets really grumpy/fidgety and starts pulling on her bib/top to let me know she is ready for her bath..

maybe for the first week keep doing what youve been doing on your travels.. if you were bathing her whenever and putting her to bed whenever then keep doing it, then start the next week tintroduce the routine you want..for maybe 2-3 days then each week increae a day untill your entire week is routine

x

Max's routine is as follows

We get up at 7am ..change and feed him and stay in moms bed till 9am

9am change and feed him his cereal and milk

the rest of the day is chill, play and eat what babies do lol

supper he gets some vedgies if hes up for it after his milk ..

around 9-10 pm he gets a bath and a massage (i dont even get that lol)

10 PJ time , cuddles ..bottle with pablum and more cuddles till hes out

and repeat lol

Caitlyn found herself a routine

She wakes up around 8am
Feeds, gets topped and tailed and dressed.. sleeps till roughly 12pm

Feed and play time
Sleep at 3pm
awake at 5 for a feed
Bathtime at 7
Bit more bottle, story off daddy
Sleep till between 10-11pm when mummy will wake her up
Back to sleep and awake again at 8am :-D

Thank you everyone. Our wake times are seeming to differ day to day and right now while it is so hot she is sleeping a lot during the day. We changed up the way we were nursing and it is seeming to help with the colic A LOT. And it's a relief to know that I'm not the only one who is in bed till 9 or 9:30 most days. Good idea for when we get home too about only focusing on the "routine" a few days a week to start. That has been one of my biggest concerns as far as vacation ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->