Routines?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
As the weeks are clocking up now im starting to think about routines and whatnot. So how did you do it for your LO

Did you gently ease them into a routine and at what age? Or did you just follow them and let them form their own routine?

I just left leeon to it and he kind of put himself into a routine he was probably about 3 months old when he was in a fully established routine good luck hun x

She gently went in to her own :D

i followed Rhiannon.. she was a very easy baby and wanted to be put down to sleep right from birth.. id say she started to find her own routine around 5-6 weeks x

i let her lead us and started the bedtime routine and putting her to bed around 4 weeks x

I am pretty similar to everyone else, I did give her the familar settings and what not at the same time every day since she was born, but let her establish her own sleeping pattern, which she did pretty much from a few weeks old - she would only wake once for a bottle, and was into her own routine by about 8 weeks, when she was sleeping through on her own. x

I just took his lead but he was near enough in a routine when he came home from hospital as he was in for 2 months or thereabouts.

I let Jasmine lead, shes now no longer in one

We didnt have a strict routine.. but we always made night and bedtime clear and as the time went on we gradually started putting her down earlier. She has always been a good night baby though.

During the day we do whatever. She always has her bottle when she first gets up around 7 and last bottle at 8pm. Always has cereal at 5:30.

Afternoon is always quiet too, usually she naps, but if not then its just quiet.

Until recently we let Hannah lead with her routine (still do to some extent) Honestly I think it's impossible to get into a set routine (feeding times etc.) until weaned (and even now whose to say Hannah doesn't change things up on me in a few weeks ;)). We always did the bath before bed etc. because it seemed to relax her

Jasper is 11 weeks old and we're easing into a routine, mostly determind by what Jasper does naturally. At the moment we more or less go as follows :

7am wake up and feed

***during the day he generally is awake for 1-3 hours and sleeps for 1-3 hours off and on... depending largely on what we're doing for the day, like when we go out and such, as the pram puts him to sleep and so that interupts his sleep patter... I do try to leave at a sleep time, but with appointments, I dont always have that luxury!***

Then I'll start to manipulate his sleep routine in the late afternoon so that he'll fit into our approximate night time routine which is:

6:00 feed

6:30 bathtime

7:00 another feed and bedtime for the night

He usually wakes for his next feed between 12-2am and then the rest of the night is every 2 hours for a feed!!! (we're getting there... slowly slowly!)

i just let lo fall into her own routine and worked with her x

jayden made his own routine he was in bed by 8 and slept right through when he was 5 months and then the teething kicked in and the routine went out the window i have no idea how to get him back in to a routine and would love to cause it makes life so much easier

I let Jay take the lead and it took until he was about 3 1/2 months until the routine was set (ish :lol:)

At night I always take him for his bath at 6:30 and then feed him and he usually goes to sleep about 7:30 then I wake him for a dreamfeed at 10. He'll go back to bed at about 10:30 and then sleeps through till 5ish for a feed and then back to bed till 8ish.

The day is more flexible although he gets really grouchy if he doesn't get a nap every hour and a half for about 30 mins and he always wants to eat pretty much as soon as he wakes up after each nap.

I tried for a while to get him to sleep less often during the day but for longer each time and he was really irritable so I soon realised it's easier to follow his pattern than to try and create my own :D

:hug:

xx

through the day we dont have Tyler in a routine but come 10.30pm we swaddle him and put him in his basket and dim the lights he knows its bed time then and he sleeps within 10/15 mins xx

We still don't have a strict routine, she pretty much leads her way into one. One thing we are pretty settled on is a bedtime routine. That I insist on, always the same things at the same time so she would follow the pattern of sleeping through.

I've let both my children develop their own routine and it's worked. In the evenings he has a bath at 8pm and then has a bottle and goes to bed between 8.30-9pm. In the day he has a nap in the morning and afternoon and a little nap around teatime x

Hi we found our own routine. Toby always fed every 3 hours etc. We were lucky he was always a good sleeper and first of all got up for feed once in night and then slept through from approx 6 weeks. He feeds at roughly same time 7-8am then around ten then oneish then four then seven then bed. we nearly always bath before bed then last feed with lullaby on and lights low etc. We have the odd bad night due to teething but other than that he has always been really good but he is a nightmare to get to sleep during day if were indoors, he is ok if were out in car pram etc but not indoors. I suppose u cant have everything. he he xx

Niamh is following her own natural routine. I will gradually start putting her down earlier though (atm it's 11pm). She's not having a bath everyday, so can't really do anything else.

my hv made me feel bad as a few weeks ago she told me i should be into a routine by now!!! i asked on here and everyone said she was a bit too young so i have followed annabelle and what she wants to do and by 8pm we cant keep her awake
we bath her at 7 gets pjs on had cuddles and quiet play time then bottle at 8 then sleep then into cot and sleeps till after 6 in the morning.
the day she feeds every 2 hours but i dont mind that

Lou
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back