Royal Surrey SCBU

blaze777

Mummy to Moos and Roos
Reaction score
Has anyone here had a preemie at the royal surrey who was in their special care unit? I am looking for stories as my son was there and I am trying to raise money for the unit. I am not looking for donations here, just looking for other people's stories to put in the pamphlet. If anyone is interested in helping please pm me.

Thanks

Jess:flower:

Hi jess
I'm not from there but you could also try the Bliss message board x

I am from Basingstoke and planned to have my girls there, although I went into early labour with my twin girls at 31+6 and Basingstoke were full.
I was taken by ambulance to Royal Surrey in the middle of the night where they performed an emergency c-section.
My girls were born at just past 4 in the morning and went straight into the SCBU.
My personal experience of the SCBU was that they were amazing, the people were fantastic and cheery and seemed genuinely happy to have their jobs. We couldn't visit as often as we would have liked as it was a bit of a travel and it also snowed a few times, but they were really understanding and I phoned at least twice a day (on top of visiting) to see how my girls were doing. They never made me feel like i shouldn't be calling.
My girls spent 17 days in the SCBU and were then transferred to Basingstoke. Basingstoke NNU wasn't as welcoming as Guildford Royal Surrey and it made me realise then just how good the Royal Surrey were.
We are truly grateful for everything they did for our girls and they are now home healthy and happy!

I am from Basingstoke and planned to have my girls there, although I went into early labour with my twin girls at 31+6 and Basingstoke were full.
I was taken by ambulance to Royal Surrey in the middle of the night where they performed an emergency c-section.
My girls were born at just past 4 in the morning and went straight into the SCBU.
My personal experience of the SCBU was that they were amazing, the people were fantastic and cheery and seemed genuinely happy to have their jobs. We couldn't visit as often as we would have liked as it was a bit of a travel and it also snowed a few times, but they were really understanding and I phoned at least twice a day (on top of visiting) to see how my girls were doing. They never made me feel like i shouldn't be calling.
My girls spent 17 days in the SCBU and were then transferred to Basingstoke. Basingstoke NNU wasn't as welcoming as Guildford Royal Surrey and it made me realise then just how good the Royal Surrey were.
We are truly grateful for everything they did for our girls and they are now home healthy and happy!

Guessing the time for this has now passed lol :dohh: if not then I'm a royal Surrey scbu mummie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->